Sep 2, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
After a successful first season at Buffalo, the school has rewarded head coach Bobby Hurley with a contract extension, according to a release from the school.
The new contract extension for Hurley runs through 2018-19 and gives him one additional year than his old contract. Hurley’s original contract gave him an annual salary of $250,000, plus incentives, and it is unclear whether the financial figures have changed with the new contract.
Buffalo went 19-10 last season and 13-5 in the MAC last season, including a regular season title in the MAC East.
“I want to thank Athletic Director Danny White and President Satish Tripathi for their continued support in my future as the leader of the UB men’s basketball program,” Hurley said in the release. “Today’s contract extension solidifies the university’s commitment to building an elite college basketball program here in Western New York.”
With Hurley being rumored for the Boston College and Virginia Tech jobs this offseason, this isn’t a bad move by Buffalo to give Hurley a little more job security.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)