Sep 2, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
The College of Charleston has finally found a head coach after a lengthy search that included a number of different candidates. According to an email send from College of Charleston president Glenn McConnell, the school has hired Clemson assistant coach Earl Grant as its new men’s basketball head coach.
The 37-year-old Grant replaces former head coach Doug Wojcik, who was fired on August 5th amid allegations of physical and verbal abuse of players and athletic department staff.
Grant was a finalist for the position along with N.C. State assistant and former Charlotte head coach Bobby Lutz. Last week, three candidates for the position, Anthony Johnson, Mike Young and Ritchie McKay all dropped out of the running for the job.
Grant is a native of North Charleston, South Carolina and has been an assistant at Clemson for four seasons. He is best known for recruiting K.J. McDaniels to the Tigers and Grant also spent six seasons under Gregg Marshall — three years at Winthrop and three years at Wichita State.
College of Charleston finished 14-18 and 6-10 in the CAA last season.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)