Sep 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After making the NIT last season and being a likely preseason top-25 team and AAC favorite, SMU is riding a lot of momentum entering the 2014-15 season.
The Mustangs and head coach Larry Brown got more good news on Tuesday as the school announced in an official release that Moody Coliseum is sold out for the 2014-15 season. SMU sold over 5,000 season tickets for the upcoming basketball season, maxing out Moody’s capacity and making it one of the best home venues in the AAC.
The total capacity of Moody Coliseum is close to 7,000, but SMU reserves a limited number of tickets for students, faculty, staff, recruits, visiting teams and scouts.
With Larry Brown’s team going 18-1 at home last season, this is just another step in creating a tremendous home-court advantage for the Mustangs. As if facing talented players like Nic Moore and Markus Kennedy wasn’t tough enough, now road teams will have to contend with a fired up crowd every time they make a trip to Dallas.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)