Sep 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After making the NIT last season and being a likely preseason top-25 team and AAC favorite, SMU is riding a lot of momentum entering the 2014-15 season.
The Mustangs and head coach Larry Brown got more good news on Tuesday as the school announced in an official release that Moody Coliseum is sold out for the 2014-15 season. SMU sold over 5,000 season tickets for the upcoming basketball season, maxing out Moody’s capacity and making it one of the best home venues in the AAC.
The total capacity of Moody Coliseum is close to 7,000, but SMU reserves a limited number of tickets for students, faculty, staff, recruits, visiting teams and scouts.
With Larry Brown’s team going 18-1 at home last season, this is just another step in creating a tremendous home-court advantage for the Mustangs. As if facing talented players like Nic Moore and Markus Kennedy wasn’t tough enough, now road teams will have to contend with a fired up crowd every time they make a trip to Dallas.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)