Sep 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After making the NIT last season and being a likely preseason top-25 team and AAC favorite, SMU is riding a lot of momentum entering the 2014-15 season.
The Mustangs and head coach Larry Brown got more good news on Tuesday as the school announced in an official release that Moody Coliseum is sold out for the 2014-15 season. SMU sold over 5,000 season tickets for the upcoming basketball season, maxing out Moody’s capacity and making it one of the best home venues in the AAC.
The total capacity of Moody Coliseum is close to 7,000, but SMU reserves a limited number of tickets for students, faculty, staff, recruits, visiting teams and scouts.
With Larry Brown’s team going 18-1 at home last season, this is just another step in creating a tremendous home-court advantage for the Mustangs. As if facing talented players like Nic Moore and Markus Kennedy wasn’t tough enough, now road teams will have to contend with a fired up crowd every time they make a trip to Dallas.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)