Sep 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
After making the NIT last season and being a likely preseason top-25 team and AAC favorite, SMU is riding a lot of momentum entering the 2014-15 season.
The Mustangs and head coach Larry Brown got more good news on Tuesday as the school announced in an official release that Moody Coliseum is sold out for the 2014-15 season. SMU sold over 5,000 season tickets for the upcoming basketball season, maxing out Moody’s capacity and making it one of the best home venues in the AAC.
The total capacity of Moody Coliseum is close to 7,000, but SMU reserves a limited number of tickets for students, faculty, staff, recruits, visiting teams and scouts.
With Larry Brown’s team going 18-1 at home last season, this is just another step in creating a tremendous home-court advantage for the Mustangs. As if facing talented players like Nic Moore and Markus Kennedy wasn’t tough enough, now road teams will have to contend with a fired up crowd every time they make a trip to Dallas.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)