Sep 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
London Perrantes was one of the most surprising freshmen in the Class of 2013.
A three-star recruit coming out of high school, Perrantes quickly earned the role of starting point guard for the Cavaliers because of his ability to run an offense, his cool under defensive pressure and his ability to knock down perimeter jumpers. As Justin Anderson put it, his “Cali-swag”.
On Tuesday, Virginia may have landed their future replacement for Perrantes as Ty Jerome, a three-star recruit in the Class of 2016, committed to the Cavaliers.
“The place is unreal,” Jerome told Scout.com. “The campus, the facilities and the arena are unbelievable. The coaching staff and players are terrific people.”
Jerome, a 6-foot-3 point guard from New Rochelle, New York, that plays for the New Heights AAU program, is a bit slow-footed and he’s not exactly an explosive athlete, but he’s a guard with an excellent feel for the game that is a good shooter from three when he gets time and space. He’ll arrive in Charlottesville when Perrantes is a senior.
Jerome is the first player in Tony Bennett’s 2016 recruiting class, and the fit couldn’t be any better.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)