Sep 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
London Perrantes was one of the most surprising freshmen in the Class of 2013.
A three-star recruit coming out of high school, Perrantes quickly earned the role of starting point guard for the Cavaliers because of his ability to run an offense, his cool under defensive pressure and his ability to knock down perimeter jumpers. As Justin Anderson put it, his “Cali-swag”.
On Tuesday, Virginia may have landed their future replacement for Perrantes as Ty Jerome, a three-star recruit in the Class of 2016, committed to the Cavaliers.
“The place is unreal,” Jerome told Scout.com. “The campus, the facilities and the arena are unbelievable. The coaching staff and players are terrific people.”
Jerome, a 6-foot-3 point guard from New Rochelle, New York, that plays for the New Heights AAU program, is a bit slow-footed and he’s not exactly an explosive athlete, but he’s a guard with an excellent feel for the game that is a good shooter from three when he gets time and space. He’ll arrive in Charlottesville when Perrantes is a senior.
Jerome is the first player in Tony Bennett’s 2016 recruiting class, and the fit couldn’t be any better.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)