Sep 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
London Perrantes was one of the most surprising freshmen in the Class of 2013.
A three-star recruit coming out of high school, Perrantes quickly earned the role of starting point guard for the Cavaliers because of his ability to run an offense, his cool under defensive pressure and his ability to knock down perimeter jumpers. As Justin Anderson put it, his “Cali-swag”.
On Tuesday, Virginia may have landed their future replacement for Perrantes as Ty Jerome, a three-star recruit in the Class of 2016, committed to the Cavaliers.
“The place is unreal,” Jerome told Scout.com. “The campus, the facilities and the arena are unbelievable. The coaching staff and players are terrific people.”
Jerome, a 6-foot-3 point guard from New Rochelle, New York, that plays for the New Heights AAU program, is a bit slow-footed and he’s not exactly an explosive athlete, but he’s a guard with an excellent feel for the game that is a good shooter from three when he gets time and space. He’ll arrive in Charlottesville when Perrantes is a senior.
Jerome is the first player in Tony Bennett’s 2016 recruiting class, and the fit couldn’t be any better.
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)