Sep 3, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
Gregg Marshall has landed his second commitment in the Class of 2015, as Missouri-native Landry Shamet announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Shockers.
“Officially committed to Wichita State!” Shamet tweeted. “Glad to be part of Shocker Nation!”
Shamet is a 6-foot-4 wing that plays his high school ball at Park Hill HS (Mo.) and ran with the KC Pumas during the AAU season. He’s the No. 87 recruit in the class, according to Rivals, and should be a good fit for the Shockers. He’s an off-guard with a good perimeter stroke and an excellent basketball IQ.
Here is how Rivals recruiting analyst Eric Bossi defines his game: “A good jump shooter with good two guard size, Shamet has an outstanding feel for the game. He can serve as a distributor, can create for himself off of the dribble and is a high IQ player. Is sneaky explosive going to the rim and has a good frame to add weight to.”
Shamet visited Wichita State last week and had scheduled visits with Colorado, Illinois and Kansas State, according to a report. He joins 6-foot-8 power forward Eric Hamilton in Wichita State’s 2015 recruiting class.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)