Sep 3, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
Gregg Marshall has landed his second commitment in the Class of 2015, as Missouri-native Landry Shamet announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Shockers.
“Officially committed to Wichita State!” Shamet tweeted. “Glad to be part of Shocker Nation!”
Shamet is a 6-foot-4 wing that plays his high school ball at Park Hill HS (Mo.) and ran with the KC Pumas during the AAU season. He’s the No. 87 recruit in the class, according to Rivals, and should be a good fit for the Shockers. He’s an off-guard with a good perimeter stroke and an excellent basketball IQ.
Here is how Rivals recruiting analyst Eric Bossi defines his game: “A good jump shooter with good two guard size, Shamet has an outstanding feel for the game. He can serve as a distributor, can create for himself off of the dribble and is a high IQ player. Is sneaky explosive going to the rim and has a good frame to add weight to.”
Shamet visited Wichita State last week and had scheduled visits with Colorado, Illinois and Kansas State, according to a report. He joins 6-foot-8 power forward Eric Hamilton in Wichita State’s 2015 recruiting class.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)