Sep 3, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
Gregg Marshall has landed his second commitment in the Class of 2015, as Missouri-native Landry Shamet announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Shockers.
“Officially committed to Wichita State!” Shamet tweeted. “Glad to be part of Shocker Nation!”
Shamet is a 6-foot-4 wing that plays his high school ball at Park Hill HS (Mo.) and ran with the KC Pumas during the AAU season. He’s the No. 87 recruit in the class, according to Rivals, and should be a good fit for the Shockers. He’s an off-guard with a good perimeter stroke and an excellent basketball IQ.
Here is how Rivals recruiting analyst Eric Bossi defines his game: “A good jump shooter with good two guard size, Shamet has an outstanding feel for the game. He can serve as a distributor, can create for himself off of the dribble and is a high IQ player. Is sneaky explosive going to the rim and has a good frame to add weight to.”
Shamet visited Wichita State last week and had scheduled visits with Colorado, Illinois and Kansas State, according to a report. He joins 6-foot-8 power forward Eric Hamilton in Wichita State’s 2015 recruiting class.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 0
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)