Sep 3, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
Gregg Marshall has landed his second commitment in the Class of 2015, as Missouri-native Landry Shamet announced that he will be playing his college ball for the Shockers.
“Officially committed to Wichita State!” Shamet tweeted. “Glad to be part of Shocker Nation!”
Shamet is a 6-foot-4 wing that plays his high school ball at Park Hill HS (Mo.) and ran with the KC Pumas during the AAU season. He’s the No. 87 recruit in the class, according to Rivals, and should be a good fit for the Shockers. He’s an off-guard with a good perimeter stroke and an excellent basketball IQ.
Here is how Rivals recruiting analyst Eric Bossi defines his game: “A good jump shooter with good two guard size, Shamet has an outstanding feel for the game. He can serve as a distributor, can create for himself off of the dribble and is a high IQ player. Is sneaky explosive going to the rim and has a good frame to add weight to.”
Shamet visited Wichita State last week and had scheduled visits with Colorado, Illinois and Kansas State, according to a report. He joins 6-foot-8 power forward Eric Hamilton in Wichita State’s 2015 recruiting class.
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 5
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)