Sep 4, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
UMass wing Clyde Santee announced that he would be transferring out of the program.
“Would like to thank everybody at UMass for a great two years and many of great experiences and new friends,” Santee tweeted on Thursday. “Decided to start my recruiting process over to explore more options. [V]ery thankful for everything Coach Kellogg has helped me with, [for] helping me grow as a player and person!!”
Santee is a native of Houston. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a non-qualifier and only saw limited time in 15 games this past season, averaging just 1.7 points in 2.8 minutes.
The timing of this transfer is going to be tough for Santee moving forward. Classes have already begun at most schools around the country, and NCAA rules dictate that a transfer must spend a year in residency at his new school before becoming eligible.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)