Sep 4, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
UMass wing Clyde Santee announced that he would be transferring out of the program.
“Would like to thank everybody at UMass for a great two years and many of great experiences and new friends,” Santee tweeted on Thursday. “Decided to start my recruiting process over to explore more options. [V]ery thankful for everything Coach Kellogg has helped me with, [for] helping me grow as a player and person!!”
Santee is a native of Houston. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a non-qualifier and only saw limited time in 15 games this past season, averaging just 1.7 points in 2.8 minutes.
The timing of this transfer is going to be tough for Santee moving forward. Classes have already begun at most schools around the country, and NCAA rules dictate that a transfer must spend a year in residency at his new school before becoming eligible.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)