Sep 4, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
UMass wing Clyde Santee announced that he would be transferring out of the program.
“Would like to thank everybody at UMass for a great two years and many of great experiences and new friends,” Santee tweeted on Thursday. “Decided to start my recruiting process over to explore more options. [V]ery thankful for everything Coach Kellogg has helped me with, [for] helping me grow as a player and person!!”
Santee is a native of Houston. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a non-qualifier and only saw limited time in 15 games this past season, averaging just 1.7 points in 2.8 minutes.
The timing of this transfer is going to be tough for Santee moving forward. Classes have already begun at most schools around the country, and NCAA rules dictate that a transfer must spend a year in residency at his new school before becoming eligible.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)