Air Force Falcons
Apr 22, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Matt Mooney’s transfer from Air Force has been a hot-button issue due to accusations of bullying.
Jan 11, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Mooney was ejected from Saturday’s game for fighting, and Avila doesn’t escape disciplinary action for his role in the incident.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:02 PM EDT
Colorado State was up 16 early in the second half, and then this happened.
Dec 29, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Rams are off to the best start in school history, but they’ll have plenty of company in the race to win the Mountain West.
Nov 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
San Diego State may be the favorites, but up to seven teams are capable of winning the league.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The Aztecs are projected as the top team with two returners named to the preseason all-conference team.
Aug 3, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
A report details a special economics class taught to two star basketball players.
Jul 19, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Air Force wants to add another power conference opponent to its schedule. The problem: none seem willing to play the Falcons in Colorado Springs.
May 2, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
After averaging 16.0 points per game as a sophomore, Air Force guard Tre’ Coggins has decided to transfer.
Mar 12, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
No. 8 San Diego State, No. 20 New Mexico are the clear favorites in Las Vegas. But don’t expect those two teams to simply coast to the title game, either.
Jan 21, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Air Force assistant men’s basketball coach Drew Long has been battling rectal cancer, and has been away from the program since Thanksgiving to receive treatment. A native of Houston, Long has been there with his wife and their three daughters, along with his parents who still make their home there. Long is currently in the…
Jan 12, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
No. 13 San Diego State’s trip to Colorado Springs to play Air Force on Sunday afternoon was a tougher game than some may have realized, and not solely because of the fact that the Falcons entered the game 2-1 in Mountain West play. Dave Pilipovich’s Falcons had won the last two meetings between the programs…
Jan 8, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Air Force was not expected to be the worst team in the Mountain West this season. That honor was bestowed upon San Jose State, a team making their debut in the conference while coming off of a 9-20 season as a member of the WAC. But the Falcons were still picked 10th in a league…
Dec 30, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
College basketball is now almost two months old. League play will be kicking off in the next week. Let’s get you caught up on all you need to know with some of the country’s best conferences. To read through the rest of our Conference Catchups, click here. Midseason Player of the Year: Cameron Bairstow, New Mexico…
Oct 30, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of…
Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
The rain may have stopped out in Colorado, but the full extent of the damage from last week’s brutal flooding is still being determined. The good news? The number of people unaccounted for is as low as 200, as electricity has been restored to some regions and rescuers have reached some stranded victims. The bad…
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)