Oct 21, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
American went from ninth in the Patriot League preseason polls to a No. 15 seed in the 2014 NCAA Tournament. Safe to say, the Eagles will be viewed much differently this time around with four returning starters.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
American was the surprise team in the Patriot League a season ago. Can they repeat as league champs?
Mar 20, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
No. 2 seed Wisconsin fell behind early, but rallied to cruise to an easy, 75-35 win over No. 15 seed American in a Round of 64 West Region game in Milwaukee on Thursday.
Mar 13, 2014, 1:46 AM EST
Most of the teams on the bubble managed to take care of business, with Georgetown being the lone exception. And American became the latest team to earn a spot in the NCAA tournament field.
Mar 12, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Back in October the American Eagles were picked to finish ninth in the 10-team Patriot League. Wednesday night, Mike Brennan’s team punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament.
Mar 3, 2014, 10:49 AM EST
The 2014 Patriot League Tournament kicks off Monday night with a pair of preliminary contests. Back in October, newcomer Boston University was viewed as the favorite, and thanks to its strong finish BU enters the field as the top seed. Despite holding home-court advantage, it will be far from easy for the Terriers. American University…
Jan 17, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
After longtime coach Jeff Jones left for Old Dominion and four players graduated from last year’s ten win team, expectations were low for Mike Brennan in his first year at American. The Eagles, who entered this season after having graduated four players, were picked to finish 9th in the ten team Patriot League. Brennan was…
Oct 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of our previews for the…
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)