Oct 10, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Who wore it better: Andrew Wiggins or Bill Self?
Jun 26, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
This is also the second consecutive year in which a Canadian has been taken with the top overall pick.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
Who will we look back on as the best players in this draft?
May 21, 2014, 10:42 PM EST
Two Las Vegas sports books feel that Andrew Wiggins is the early favorite to be taken first overall in next month’s NBA Draft.
May 15, 2014, 6:26 PM EST
Look at Andrew Wiggins defying the law of gravity.
May 11, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Joel Embiid aren’t expected to be in Chicago for this week’s NBA Draft Combine according to multiple reports.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Andrew Wiggins is the most searched athlete in two states, according to a recent study.
Mar 31, 2014, 3:53 PM EST
Wiggins formally announced his eligibility for the NBA Draft.
Mar 30, 2014, 10:08 PM EST
In a move that doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone, Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins is expected to announce Monday that he’s entering the 2014 NBA Draft.
Mar 21, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
No. 2 Kansas got off to a rough start against No. 15 Eastern Kentucky, but they were able to turn things around by taking better care of the basketball and attacking the paint.
Mar 19, 2014, 7:03 PM EST
CBT’s ranking of the top 68 players in this year’s NCAA tournament.
Mar 13, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
Remember how we wanted Andrew Wiggins to become assertive, confident and dominant? Well … he’s doing it.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:34 PM EST
No. 8 Kansas fell on the road to West Virginia on Saturday, but the Jayhawks will take the loss knowing that the superstar version of Andrew Wiggins might have finally come to life.
Mar 4, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Remember when people were worried whether or not McDermott would be able to succeed outside the Missouri Valley? Well, he’s averaging 26.0 points and 7.2 boards while shooting 52.0% from the field, 44.1% from three and 88.7% from the line on a top ten team that still has a chance to…
Feb 28, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
One day after the USBWA announced its fifteen finalists for the Oscar Robertson Award the Atlanta Tipoff Club released its list of ten semifinalists for the Naismith Award. Among the ten players on the list are seniors Doug McDermott (Creighton) and Russ Smith (Louisville), along with highly regarded freshmen such as Tyler Ennis (Syracuse), Jabari…
Feb 22, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
On February 1 in Austin, Texas No. 8 Kansas didn’t play its best basketball, falling to the Longhorns 81-69 in a game they trailed by as much as 20 early in the second half. The Jayhawks shot just 38.5% from the field as a team and Andrew Wiggins struggled, making just two of his 12…
Feb 18, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
No. 8 Kansas struggled with Texas Tech on Tuesday night, and that shouldn’t be as much of a surprise as the names on those jerseys make it seem. The Red Raiders are tough this year. They beat Baylor in Lubbock, they beat Oklahoma State in Lubbock and they almost knocked off Iowa State in Ames…
Feb 11, 2014, 12:56 AM EST
The final three shots and Andrew Wiggins took in regulation in Monday night’s loss to Kansas State are a pretty good representation of what this season has been like for him. In the final minute with a chance to tie the game, Wiggins airballed a three. A couple of possessions later, he beat his man…
Feb 4, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Last week, I wrote that McDermott was the runaway favorite to for National Player of the Year. I think everyone pretty much agreed with me at the time. He’s played one game since then, against St. John’s, scoring 39 of Creighton’s 63 points and burying the game-winning three at the buzzer.…
Jan 29, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Andrew Wiggins’ performance on Saturday night against TCU was seen as a step forward and rightfully so, despite the fact that the Horned Frogs have yet to win a game in Big 12 play. In scoring his then-career high 27 points Wiggins played with the assertiveness that many have been clamoring for, refusing to simply…
Jan 25, 2014, 11:46 PM EST
Kansas freshman wing Andrew Wiggins has been under the proverbial microscope all season long, with every one of his performances arguably analyzed more than any other freshman in the current “one and done” era. One of the biggest complaints about Wiggins was a lack of assertiveness, with him at times giving the appearance of a…
Jan 24, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
One day after releasing its midseason list for the Oscar Robertson Award, which is given to the best player in college basketball, the United State Basketball Writers Association released its midseason list for the Wayman Tisdale Award. The Tisdale Award is annually give to the nation’s best freshman as voted upon by members of the…
Jan 23, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
We’ve all heard of blind resumes, right? They pop up around NCAA tournament time and are a pretty effective way of evaluating who has had a better season while eliminating the bias that comes with the name associated with the teams involved. We’re going to take a look at some blind stat-lines today: Player A…
Jan 23, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
One day after the John R. Wooden Award’s midseason list was released, the United States Basketball Writers of America released its list of 23 midseason candidates for the Oscar Robertson Award. Like the Wooden Award, not being on this list does not prohibit a player from winning the award when it’s handed out in early…
Jan 18, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
In a game that has been billed for months — literally — as a battle between Andrew Wiggins and Marcus Smart, the two favorites for National Player of the Year back in November were fairly forgettable. Smart was 3-for-14 from the floor, but as he tends to do, he put together an impressive all-around performance,…
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)