Dec 17, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
With these dismissals Dayton has no eligible players taller than 6-foot-6.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Dayton head coach Archie Miller spurned high-major programs to remain at Atlantic 10. He’s not the only one in the league happy with where they are.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
Chemistry was a key component in Dayton’s run to the Elite Eight. They’ll begin the 2014-15 season looking to rebuild that without three expected contributors.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Dayton loses its tallest player, but the Flyers still have depth in their front court.
Sep 22, 2014, 12:39 PM EST
Having landed commitments from three forwards, the Flyers added a piece for their backcourt on Monday.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Dayton adds depth to its point guard position for the 2014-2015 season.
Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Several programs are still looking to uproot Archie Miller from Dayton.
Mar 28, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
After leading his team to the Elite Eight for the first time in 30 years, Dayton head coach Archie Miller was a guest on the “Dan Patrick Show.”
Mar 27, 2014, 9:46 PM EST
No. 11 Dayton keeps on rolling, using a balanced attack to earn its first Elite Eight appearance since 1984.
Mar 5, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
After having their six-game win streak end with a blowout loss to Saint Joseph’s, the Dayton Flyers got back on track with an 86-79 win over UMass on Saturday. Wednesday night provided Archie Miller’s team with another opportunity to enhance their resume and the Flyers took advantage, beating No. 17 Saint Louis 72-67 at Chaifetz…
Feb 1, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers, having lost their last four games, needed to knock off George Washington in the worst way on Saturday afternoon. During much of non-conference play the Flyers had the look of a team capable of factoring into the Atlantic 10 race, but things hadn’t worked out that way through their first six…
Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning. While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other…
Oct 5, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Putnam Science Academy (Conn.) point guard Dayshon Smith is off the board as of Friday night. The 6-foot-2 guard and one of the highest rising guards in New England, has verbally committed to Dayton. Smith broke the news himself, announcing it via his personal Twitter account. “Next year I will be attending the University of…
Apr 27, 2012, 8:40 PM EST
Twitter is really a wonderful thing for sports fans. We’ve all been numbed by the rote answers drizzled out by players and coaches at organized press conferences, and we sometimes long for someone to say something directly from the heart now and again. Twitter brings back the element of random honesty, allowing people to vent…
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)