Jan 3, 2015, 11:20 AM EST
Dayton loses some bench depth as a senor guard is out for the season.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
15 unforgettable moments from college basketball in 2014.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
With these dismissals Dayton has no eligible players taller than 6-foot-6.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Dayton head coach Archie Miller spurned high-major programs to remain at Atlantic 10. He’s not the only one in the league happy with where they are.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
Chemistry was a key component in Dayton’s run to the Elite Eight. They’ll begin the 2014-15 season looking to rebuild that without three expected contributors.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Dayton loses its tallest player, but the Flyers still have depth in their front court.
Sep 22, 2014, 12:39 PM EST
Having landed commitments from three forwards, the Flyers added a piece for their backcourt on Monday.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Dayton adds depth to its point guard position for the 2014-2015 season.
Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Several programs are still looking to uproot Archie Miller from Dayton.
Mar 28, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
After leading his team to the Elite Eight for the first time in 30 years, Dayton head coach Archie Miller was a guest on the “Dan Patrick Show.”
Mar 27, 2014, 9:46 PM EST
No. 11 Dayton keeps on rolling, using a balanced attack to earn its first Elite Eight appearance since 1984.
Mar 5, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
After having their six-game win streak end with a blowout loss to Saint Joseph’s, the Dayton Flyers got back on track with an 86-79 win over UMass on Saturday. Wednesday night provided Archie Miller’s team with another opportunity to enhance their resume and the Flyers took advantage, beating No. 17 Saint Louis 72-67 at Chaifetz…
Feb 1, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers, having lost their last four games, needed to knock off George Washington in the worst way on Saturday afternoon. During much of non-conference play the Flyers had the look of a team capable of factoring into the Atlantic 10 race, but things hadn’t worked out that way through their first six…
Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning. While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other…
Oct 5, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Putnam Science Academy (Conn.) point guard Dayshon Smith is off the board as of Friday night. The 6-foot-2 guard and one of the highest rising guards in New England, has verbally committed to Dayton. Smith broke the news himself, announcing it via his personal Twitter account. “Next year I will be attending the University of…
Apr 27, 2012, 8:40 PM EST
Twitter is really a wonderful thing for sports fans. We’ve all been numbed by the rote answers drizzled out by players and coaches at organized press conferences, and we sometimes long for someone to say something directly from the heart now and again. Twitter brings back the element of random honesty, allowing people to vent…
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 6
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (6)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)