Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Chemistry was a key component in Dayton’s run to the Elite Eight. They’ll begin the 2014-15 season looking to rebuild that without three expected contributors.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Dayton loses its tallest player, but the Flyers still have depth in their front court.
Sep 22, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Having landed commitments from three forwards, the Flyers added a piece for their backcourt on Monday.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Dayton adds depth to its point guard position for the 2014-2015 season.
Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Several programs are still looking to uproot Archie Miller from Dayton.
Mar 28, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
After leading his team to the Elite Eight for the first time in 30 years, Dayton head coach Archie Miller was a guest on the “Dan Patrick Show.”
Mar 27, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
No. 11 Dayton keeps on rolling, using a balanced attack to earn its first Elite Eight appearance since 1984.
Mar 5, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
After having their six-game win streak end with a blowout loss to Saint Joseph’s, the Dayton Flyers got back on track with an 86-79 win over UMass on Saturday. Wednesday night provided Archie Miller’s team with another opportunity to enhance their resume and the Flyers took advantage, beating No. 17 Saint Louis 72-67 at Chaifetz…
Feb 1, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers, having lost their last four games, needed to knock off George Washington in the worst way on Saturday afternoon. During much of non-conference play the Flyers had the look of a team capable of factoring into the Atlantic 10 race, but things hadn’t worked out that way through their first six…
Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning. While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other…
Oct 5, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Putnam Science Academy (Conn.) point guard Dayshon Smith is off the board as of Friday night. The 6-foot-2 guard and one of the highest rising guards in New England, has verbally committed to Dayton. Smith broke the news himself, announcing it via his personal Twitter account. “Next year I will be attending the University of…
Apr 27, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Twitter is really a wonderful thing for sports fans. We’ve all been numbed by the rote answers drizzled out by players and coaches at organized press conferences, and we sometimes long for someone to say something directly from the heart now and again. Twitter brings back the element of random honesty, allowing people to vent…
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)