Mar 26, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Archie Miller is one of the hottest names in coaching, and Dayton is trying to keep him around as long as possible.
Mar 19, 2015, 12:14 AM EDT
Dayton advances to take on No. 6 Providence Friday night in Columbus.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Having just seven scholarship players hasn’t kept the Flyers from playing a major role in the Atlantic 10 race.
Jan 3, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Dayton loses some bench depth as a senor guard is out for the season.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
15 unforgettable moments from college basketball in 2014.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
With these dismissals Dayton has no eligible players taller than 6-foot-6.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dayton head coach Archie Miller spurned high-major programs to remain at Atlantic 10. He’s not the only one in the league happy with where they are.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Chemistry was a key component in Dayton’s run to the Elite Eight. They’ll begin the 2014-15 season looking to rebuild that without three expected contributors.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Dayton loses its tallest player, but the Flyers still have depth in their front court.
Sep 22, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Having landed commitments from three forwards, the Flyers added a piece for their backcourt on Monday.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Dayton adds depth to its point guard position for the 2014-2015 season.
Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Several programs are still looking to uproot Archie Miller from Dayton.
Mar 28, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
After leading his team to the Elite Eight for the first time in 30 years, Dayton head coach Archie Miller was a guest on the “Dan Patrick Show.”
Mar 27, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
No. 11 Dayton keeps on rolling, using a balanced attack to earn its first Elite Eight appearance since 1984.
Mar 5, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
After having their six-game win streak end with a blowout loss to Saint Joseph’s, the Dayton Flyers got back on track with an 86-79 win over UMass on Saturday. Wednesday night provided Archie Miller’s team with another opportunity to enhance their resume and the Flyers took advantage, beating No. 17 Saint Louis 72-67 at Chaifetz…
Feb 1, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers, having lost their last four games, needed to knock off George Washington in the worst way on Saturday afternoon. During much of non-conference play the Flyers had the look of a team capable of factoring into the Atlantic 10 race, but things hadn’t worked out that way through their first six…
Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning. While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other…
Oct 5, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Putnam Science Academy (Conn.) point guard Dayshon Smith is off the board as of Friday night. The 6-foot-2 guard and one of the highest rising guards in New England, has verbally committed to Dayton. Smith broke the news himself, announcing it via his personal Twitter account. “Next year I will be attending the University of…
Apr 27, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Twitter is really a wonderful thing for sports fans. We’ve all been numbed by the rote answers drizzled out by players and coaches at organized press conferences, and we sometimes long for someone to say something directly from the heart now and again. Twitter brings back the element of random honesty, allowing people to vent…
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)