Mar 23, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
Howland is a terrific hire for the Bulldogs.
Mar 22, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Howland last coached at UCLA.
May 12, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
Ben Howland is no longer interested in the Oregon State job.
Apr 27, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
A pair of reports state Missouri is down to two candidates to replace Frank Haith.
Mar 29, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
With Marquette missing on Shaka Smart, the Golden Eagles could turn to Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin or former UCLA head coach Ben Howland.
Oct 24, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Before his decade-long tenure at UCLA, one that saw him recruit and coach NBA stars like Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook and Jrue Holiday while making three straight Final Fours, ended last March with a Pac-12 title and a Round of 64 exit in the NCAA tournament, Ben Howland cut his teeth as the head coach…
Mar 5, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
UCLA coach Ben Howland revealed the worst-kept secret in college basketball last week after the Bruins’ 74-69 win over No. 11 Arizona at home. “That was [Shabazz Muhammad’s] last game in Pauley, no doubt about it,” Howland said. “I’m very much a realist now. I knew going into this deal that this was a one-year…
Nov 3, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
The UCLA Bruins have had many problems over the past couple-three years, many of them materializing off-court. One problem that has persisted on-court is the lack of a strong point guard presence. Not since the days of Russell Westbrook and Darren Collison has the ball really seemed to be in good hands the majority of…
Oct 13, 2012, 1:43 AM EDT
On the first night of the college basketball season, UCLA enters its first practice with questions of whether or not their two top recruits – Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle Anderson – will be able to play this year, as they are both under NCAA investigation. Shabazz Muhammad, one of the nation’s top freshmen, has faced the…
Oct 12, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Tonight marks the official beginning of the college basketball season. However, the UCLA Bruins are still scrambling to find out what they’re team will look like when the first game takes place next month. UCLA had one of the best recruiting classes this season, yet the program’s best two recruits – Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle…
Jul 21, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
One word can sum up the last eight months (or so) for UCLA. Ouch. Ben Howland’s squad was a M*A*S*H* unit last season. Six scholarship players dealt with nagging injuries all season, which no doubt pushed the Bruins toward one of their worst seasons under Howland, 14-18 overall. Well, they’re still banged up. Malcolm Lee,…
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)