Jul 23, 2014, 9:59 PM EST
Perry’s been at USC Upstate since 2009, and among the players he’s helped recruit was former great Torrey Craig.
Jul 1, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Confused as to where some schools are headed on July 1? Here’s a guide that should help some.
Jun 2, 2014, 4:18 PM EST
The former Georgia assistant will now work for Cliff Ellis.
May 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Former South Carolina guard Jaylen Shaw is officially a member of the Coastal Carolina program.
Mar 9, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
The Chanticleers have the best nickname and the best color scheme in the tournament. Can that translate into a win?
Mar 7, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Winthrop’s Andre Smith provides the latest buzzer-beater, knocking off Big South regular season champ High Point.
Mar 4, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
There may not be a more wide-open conference tournament this season than the Big South. High Point won the North Division with the best record in conference play at 12-4, but they also needed to win 10 of their last 11 games to do so and are playing without one of their star forwards in…
Nov 24, 2013, 5:59 PM EST
The story of High Point senior forward Allan Chaney is one college basketball fans may be familiar with. After transferring to Virginia Tech from Florida Chaney was told by doctors in 2010 that a case of viral mycarditis, an infection that results in inflammation of the heart, would end his basketball career. The road back…
Oct 31, 2013, 7:46 PM EST
Longwood University held its preseason event at a later date than most Division I teams, holding “Lancer Madness” on Wednesday night. Given the proximity to Halloween, the men’s and women’s basketball teams came together to put forth their best version of the dance scenes in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video. There seemed to be a little…
Oct 10, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
For three years, Allan Chaney watched college basketball from the sideline. The first came while he was at Virginia Tech, where he sat out his sophomore season after transferring from Florida. The next two season, however, would be much more challenging than simply following NCAA transfer rules. The 6-foot-9 Chaney endured two grueling years after he…
Oct 10, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of our previews…
Nov 10, 2012, 8:57 PM EST
Overlooked amongst the aircraft carriers, camouflage unis and overseas air base battles was a humble matchup between two ancient mid-majors with little marquee value. The Army, Navy and Air Force academies play for the Commander-In-Chief’s Trophy every year, to a moderate amount of fanfare. For Virginia Military Institute and The Citadel, this year’s All-Military Classic…
Oct 29, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
Throughout the month of October, CollegeBasketballTalk will be rolling out our previews for the 2012-2013 season. Check back at 9 a.m. and just after lunch every day, Monday-Friday, for a new preview item. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To look at the rest of the Top 25, click here. For a…
Jun 9, 2012, 11:09 AM EST
Following the lead of larger conferences like the Big East, ACC, and Big 12, the Big South announced Thursday that it would change the format of its conference tournament to be held at one centralized location and will expand to accommodate all 12 member schools. The annual event will now be held at Coastal Carolina’s…
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 1
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)