Big Ten Conference
Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball
Feb 19, 2015, 5:33 PM EST
The Big Ten’s idea falls in line with what some other commissioners have discussed in recent weeks.
Oct 8, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
Last week the conference sent a list of recommendations to the NCAA regarding student-athlete welfare.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
Jim Delany would like to explore the possibility of new Midwestern cities if the Big Ten can’t get into Madison Square Garden.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
The conference tournament will now span five days, with there being a doubleheader on Wednesday, March 11 (11 seed vs. 14 seed, 12 seed vs. 13 seed).
May 4, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
According to reports, the Big East and Big Ten will announce an early-season scheduling agreement that will begin during the 2015-16 season.
Apr 26, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
When the 2017-18 academic year rolls around, the Big Ten is expecting a nice revenue boost.
Feb 9, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
Traevon Jackson brought the ball up the floor with eight seconds to play and took Gary Harris off the dribble, draining a mid-range jumper to put Wisconsin up two. With 2.1 seconds remaining Travis Trice (13 points) saw his half-court heave bounce off the rim as the Badgers picked up an important 60-58 win at…
Jan 28, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Michigan State, No. 7 team in the nation, was without Braden Dawson and Adreian Payne for the second straight game (sixth straight without Payne). Unlike, Saturday’s loss to in-state rival Michigan, the shorthanded Spartans stole one from No. 15 Iowa with a 71-69 road victory in overtime on Tuesday night. Despite missing its top two rebounders, the…
Sep 14, 2013, 9:25 AM EST
Michigan big man Mitch McGary surprised some, while assuring the Wolverines would be contenders again in the Big Ten this past April when he — along with fellow freshman Glenn Robinson III — elected to stay at school for their sophomore seasons. McGary emerged as a top pro prospect when he had a breakout performance…
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)