Nov 23, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
West Virginia has better depth and toughness than they had a season ago, and those improvements paid off in Puerto Rico this weekend.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A sit-down with the longtime head coach helped turn Juwan Staten into an all-conference player. But can Staten, now a senior, turn West Virginia into an NCAA tournament team?
Sep 25, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
The Mountaineers are now down to two commits in the Class of 2015.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
The South Charleston HS floor general was one of the state’s best players last season, and he could prep for a year before joining the WVU program.
Aug 3, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
The Wheeling Central point guard led his team to a state title last season.
Jun 13, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Former West Virginia guard Eron Harris opens up on his decision to leave the Big 12 program.
Jun 9, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
West Virginia head coach Bob Huggins is recovering from hip replacement surgery.
May 9, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
West Virginia lost another key guard to transfer on Friday as Terry Henderson left the program.
Feb 5, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Things didn’t go as planned for No. 21 Oklahoma as they made their way from Norman to Morgantown for their game at West Virginia on Wednesday night. With a winter storm forcing the travel party to re-route its flight to Newark, N.J. on Tuesday, Oklahoma didn’t arrive in Morgantown until just over two hours before…
Sep 11, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
Bob Huggins landed his second commitment in the Class of 2014, as point guard Jevon Carter committed to the Mountaineers late on Tuesday evening. Carter is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Chicago’s Proviso East HS and was rated a three-star recruit by Rivals. “I just feel like this is the best fit for me,”…
Aug 23, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Formerly a commitment in West Virginia’s 2012 recruiting class, 6-8 power forward Elijah Macon was forced to delay his enrollment in order to attend prep school. One year later, Macon’s been cleared to attend the school this season according to Mitch Vingle of the Charleston (W. Va.) Gazette. Of course, this means that Macon has…
Jun 2, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
When Keaton Miles announced he would be transferring from West Virginia, that opened up an available scholarship for the 2013-14 season. Miles’ transfer came as a surprise to some of the West Virginia faithful, especially since Bob Huggins’ 2011 recruiting class will nearly be non-existent on next year’s team: Miles’ departure leaves even more questions…
Oct 13, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
After enduring a long season with an inexperienced roster, West Virginia coach Bob Huggins might be rewarded for his services, according to the Charleston Daily Mail. In the report, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck is quoted as saying that the school is “looking to at adding to both the length and the compensation” of…
Oct 19, 2010, 6:08 PM EST
Bob Huggins isn’t messing around when it comes to raising money to help fight cancer. But he is having a little fun. West Virginia’s coach lost his mom, Norma Mae, to colon cancer more than seven years ago. Since then, Huggins and his sister, Debbie Bradford, set up an endowment in her name at West…
Sep 5, 2010, 3:39 PM EST
Expecting side splitting jokes from Bob Huggins’ roast Friday night was probably a bit much. Coaches telling moderately amusing anecdotes makes for a night for smiles, not laughs. Cue Ron Everhart. Who knew Duquesne’s coach could do pratfalls? Check out the video here (Everhart’s about 1:40 in). Huggins seems genuinely surprised by the move. (Everhart…
Aug 25, 2010, 11:42 PM EST
Those who saw the way West Virginia coach Bob Huggins handled Da’Sean Butler’s nasty knee injury during the Final Four know the coach has a soft side. Mark Blinch/Reuters Well, it’ll be on display again. This time, it could boost a good cause. In an effort to raise money for the Norma May Huggins Cancer…
Aug 10, 2010, 9:58 PM EST
Bob Huggins is back at work after breaking seven ribs during a fall at his Las Vegas hotel room last month. West Virginia’s coach is “sore,” but there was a silver lining to his accident. “The good thing about getting hurt is they (the recruits) call you,” Huggins told Jeff Goodman. “All I’ve done for…
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 2
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)