Dec 9, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The junior forward was a key factor in No. 3 Arizona’s win Saturday, and he’ll continue to be thanks to his diverse offensive skill set.
Nov 14, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
In his first regular season game since injuring his foot last February, Brandon Ashley established a new career high in points.
Nov 10, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Chemistry was one of Arizona’s greatest assets last season, and that will need to be the case again if they’re to win a national title.
Nov 7, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Arizona may be highly ranked in every preseason poll, but they haven’t practiced to that level according to their head coach.
Nov 6, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
Can Arizona win a national title this season?
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
The list of big men dominating college basketball this season is solid.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Brandon Ashley missed the last 16 games of the 2013-2014 season.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
He may not return to five-on-five action until August.
Feb 4, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
Arizona lost its unblemished record and No. 1 ranking on Saturday night. The Wildcats also lost starting forward Brandon Ashley to a foot injury that will sideline him for the remainder of the season. The 6-foot-8 Ashley will likely undergo surgery, within the next couple of weeks, to fix his injured right foot, according to…
Feb 2, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
In the first half of No. 1 Arizona’s 60-58 loss at Cal late Saturday night, sophomore forward Brandon Ashley went down with a right foot injury. Given how well the San Francisco native has played for the Wildcats this season, to lose Ashley for an extender period of time would be a major blow for…
Feb 2, 2014, 2:09 AM EST
No. 1 Arizona’s undefeated season came to an end on Saturday night, losing 60-58 to Cal on a game-winning jumper from Justin Cobbs. Their bid to become the first Pac-12 team to make it through the conference undefeated since the league was known as the Pac-8 is over. That No. 1 ranking goes ‘poof’ on…
Dec 19, 2013, 11:27 PM EST
Top-ranked Arizona remained undefeated on Thursday night, pulling away in the second half and beating reigning SWAC tournament champion Southern by a 69-43 final score. With starting center Kaleb Tarczewski out after spraining his ankle in the Wildcats’ win at Michigan on Saturday freshman Rondae Hollis-Jefferson moved into the starting lineup, meaning that Arizona needed…
Dec 16, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Brandon Ashley, Arizona Aaron Gordon is the guy that gets all the hype for Arizona. Nick Johnson is their leading scorer and their best perimeter defender. T.J. McConnell is the tie the binds everyone together. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson does things like this. It seems like every Wildcat on Sean Miller’s roster get…
Dec 12, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
Last season Arizona forward Brandon Ashley was part of a trio of freshmen who arrived in Tucson amidst much fanfare. Joined by Grant Jerrett and Kaleb Tarczewski, the McDonald’s All-American was expected to hit the ground running in his debut campaign. While that didn’t happen Ashley was a productive member of a team that reached…
Dec 7, 2013, 8:38 PM EST
With No. 1 Michigan State suffering a surprising home loss to North Carolina on Wednesday night, there were many Arizona fans who looked towards Saturday’s contest against UNLV with excitement. The renewal of a series that delivered some great moments during the time when Jerry Tarkanian and Lute Olson roamed the sidelines was something folks…
Oct 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. The rest of our Top 25 Countdown can be found here. For a schedule of our…
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)