Sep 13, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Kansas State landed a commitment from a 6-foot-10 Texan on Saturday.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Bruce Weber now has three verbal commitments in the Class of 2015.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
The Wildcats pulled a player off of a loaded AAU team’s bench.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Kansas State has the potential for seven 2014 NCAA Tournament opponents in the non-conference portion of the 2014-15 schedule.
May 11, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Harris becomes the highest-rated commit in K-State’s incoming class.
Jan 4, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
Winners of eight straight games entering Saturday’s Big 12 opener against No. 6 Oklahoma State, Kansas State hasn’t been mentioned along with the likes of the Cowboys, Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor when it comes to who’s capable of winning the conference title. The reasons included the need to account for the graduation of Rodney…
Bruce Weber rounds out Kansas State staff with former Illinois assistant Wayne McClain, promotes assistant Chris Lowery
Oct 3, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
First-year Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber has rounded out his Wildcat staff, hiring former Illinois assistant Wayne McClain as the director of student-athlete development, the school announced Wednesday. McClain spent 11 seasons as an assistant coach with the Illini, including nine working for Weber. “[McClain] is one of the most successful coaches in the…
Sep 17, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
Bruce Weber is steadily adding to his future teams before he’s coached his first game for Kansas State. Brian Snow of Scout.com reports that 6-6 forward Wesley Iwundu committed to the Wildcats on Monday, joining Austin Etherington and Marcus Foster in Weber’s 2013 recruiting class. “He went ahead and committed to Coach Weber and Coach…
Jul 4, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
As Bruce Weber begins his tenure at Kansas State, the player standing out to him most in workouts may not be who you think. “You know who has played really well?” Weber told the Wichita Star. “Omari Lawrence. I think he has been the surprise of the summer.” Lawrence, the St. John’s transfer who spent…
Jun 14, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Bruce Weber is leaving no stone unturned (except, perhaps, the West Coast) in his first summer as head coach of the Kansas State Wildcats. In a Big 12 conference call on Thursday, Weber outlined a plan. “We would obviously like to hit Kansas City and Kansas, this part of the Midwest,” Weber said, reported by…
Mar 31, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: The hire’s official. Kansas State has scheduled a press conference Saturday to announce news regarding its basketball program and, according to Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star, the Wildcats will announce the hiring of former Illinois coach Bruce Weber. Weber wasn’t out of work for long, if this report holds true, as he…
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)