Feb 5, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Wednesday was the second time this season that Bruce Weber has had to make a statement by punishing his star.
Feb 4, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Marcus Foster was also benched for the team’s Big 12 opener against Oklahoma State after struggling in a home loss to Georgia.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Kansas State has taken a hit to its front court depth this week.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Kansas State is losing a redshirt freshman to transfer.
Sep 13, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Kansas State landed a commitment from a 6-foot-10 Texan on Saturday.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Bruce Weber now has three verbal commitments in the Class of 2015.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
The Wildcats pulled a player off of a loaded AAU team’s bench.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Kansas State has the potential for seven 2014 NCAA Tournament opponents in the non-conference portion of the 2014-15 schedule.
May 11, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Harris becomes the highest-rated commit in K-State’s incoming class.
Jan 4, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
Winners of eight straight games entering Saturday’s Big 12 opener against No. 6 Oklahoma State, Kansas State hasn’t been mentioned along with the likes of the Cowboys, Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor when it comes to who’s capable of winning the conference title. The reasons included the need to account for the graduation of Rodney…
Bruce Weber rounds out Kansas State staff with former Illinois assistant Wayne McClain, promotes assistant Chris Lowery
Oct 3, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
First-year Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber has rounded out his Wildcat staff, hiring former Illinois assistant Wayne McClain as the director of student-athlete development, the school announced Wednesday. McClain spent 11 seasons as an assistant coach with the Illini, including nine working for Weber. “[McClain] is one of the most successful coaches in the…
Sep 17, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
Bruce Weber is steadily adding to his future teams before he’s coached his first game for Kansas State. Brian Snow of Scout.com reports that 6-6 forward Wesley Iwundu committed to the Wildcats on Monday, joining Austin Etherington and Marcus Foster in Weber’s 2013 recruiting class. “He went ahead and committed to Coach Weber and Coach…
Jul 4, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
As Bruce Weber begins his tenure at Kansas State, the player standing out to him most in workouts may not be who you think. “You know who has played really well?” Weber told the Wichita Star. “Omari Lawrence. I think he has been the surprise of the summer.” Lawrence, the St. John’s transfer who spent…
Jun 14, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Bruce Weber is leaving no stone unturned (except, perhaps, the West Coast) in his first summer as head coach of the Kansas State Wildcats. In a Big 12 conference call on Thursday, Weber outlined a plan. “We would obviously like to hit Kansas City and Kansas, this part of the Midwest,” Weber said, reported by…
Mar 31, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: The hire’s official. Kansas State has scheduled a press conference Saturday to announce news regarding its basketball program and, according to Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star, the Wildcats will announce the hiring of former Illinois coach Bruce Weber. Weber wasn’t out of work for long, if this report holds true, as he…
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)