Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Xavier went 4-0 on a preseason trip to Brazil and got a lot of playing time for its inexperienced team.
May 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Xavier has made the NCAA Tournament in four of five years under head coach Chris Mack and rewarded him with a new contract and two-year extension on Monday.
May 10, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Xavier picked up a commitment from 2014 point guard Larry Austin.
Mar 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Due to a health scare involving his son, LeVelle Moton’s family is not making the trip to San Antonio.
Mar 18, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
In 2013, for the first time in seven seasons, Xavier failed to make the NCAA tournament. This year, in a new conference Chris Mack’s Musketeers got one of the last four bids, playing NC State in the First Four on Tuesday night. It must have been a relief to hear Xavier’s name called on Selection…
Feb 25, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
There hasn’t been a hotter team in Big East play since late January than St. John’s. Steve Lavin’s squad was both clicking on defense (forcing countless steals) and on offense (consistently converting from two-point range), and the team looked like an shoo-in for an NCAA tournament bid. However, it appears the Red Storm has reverted…
Jan 19, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
The Xavier Musketeers will be down a big man for the remainder of the season, as it was reported by Shannon Russell of the Cincinnati Enquirer that freshman forward Kamall Richards tore the ACL in his left knee and as a result will miss the remainder of the season. According to the report Richards suffered…
Dec 31, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Vin Parise of College Basketball Talk caught up with Xavier head coach Chris Mack as the Musketeers get ready for the start of Big East play: CBT: You guys have won 5 in a row, including the Cincinnati win, at Alabama and Wake Forest. What is going right with Xavier basketball right now? Mack: To…
Oct 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Chris Mack entered Xavier’s Midnight Madness last night to Eminem’s The Real Slim Shady, which is fitting for Mack, who looks like Marshall Mathers got stretched out a foot. Too bad he didn’t step onto the floor rapping. The Xavier Musketeers unofficially kicked off their season with the 2013-14 Skyline Chili Musketeer Madness celebration last…
Jul 29, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
Sometimes you just have to watch a video to get the full sense of what is going on. I think this is one of those times. To set the scene: Xavier head coach Chris Mack got his wife and two daughters in on a parody of the hit song “Call Me Maybe,” becoming the next…
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)