Mar 26, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Xavier’s reached the Sweet 16 in five of the last eight seasons, but is there a point where that won’t be good enough?
Mar 19, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
Matt Stainbrook led the way for the Musketeers with 20 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
Nov 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Xavier senior center Matt Stainbrook gave up his basketball scholarship to his younger brother, Tim, and became an Uber driver to make additional money.
Nov 2, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
Xavier showed off a new uniform Sunday afternoon via the athletics department Twitter account.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Pretty good dunk, but still not better than Chris Mack’s entrance.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Chris Mack and his daughters performed ‘Paul Revere’ at Musketeer Madness on Friday night.
Oct 16, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Kaiser Gates can serve as either a small forward or a stretch-4 for the Musketeers.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Xavier went 4-0 on a preseason trip to Brazil and got a lot of playing time for its inexperienced team.
May 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Xavier has made the NCAA Tournament in four of five years under head coach Chris Mack and rewarded him with a new contract and two-year extension on Monday.
May 10, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Xavier picked up a commitment from 2014 point guard Larry Austin.
Mar 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Due to a health scare involving his son, LeVelle Moton’s family is not making the trip to San Antonio.
Mar 18, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
In 2013, for the first time in seven seasons, Xavier failed to make the NCAA tournament. This year, in a new conference Chris Mack’s Musketeers got one of the last four bids, playing NC State in the First Four on Tuesday night. It must have been a relief to hear Xavier’s name called on Selection…
Feb 25, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
There hasn’t been a hotter team in Big East play since late January than St. John’s. Steve Lavin’s squad was both clicking on defense (forcing countless steals) and on offense (consistently converting from two-point range), and the team looked like an shoo-in for an NCAA tournament bid. However, it appears the Red Storm has reverted…
Jan 19, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
The Xavier Musketeers will be down a big man for the remainder of the season, as it was reported by Shannon Russell of the Cincinnati Enquirer that freshman forward Kamall Richards tore the ACL in his left knee and as a result will miss the remainder of the season. According to the report Richards suffered…
Dec 31, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Vin Parise of College Basketball Talk caught up with Xavier head coach Chris Mack as the Musketeers get ready for the start of Big East play: CBT: You guys have won 5 in a row, including the Cincinnati win, at Alabama and Wake Forest. What is going right with Xavier basketball right now? Mack: To…
Oct 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Chris Mack entered Xavier’s Midnight Madness last night to Eminem’s The Real Slim Shady, which is fitting for Mack, who looks like Marshall Mathers got stretched out a foot. Too bad he didn’t step onto the floor rapping. The Xavier Musketeers unofficially kicked off their season with the 2013-14 Skyline Chili Musketeer Madness celebration last…
Jul 29, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
Sometimes you just have to watch a video to get the full sense of what is going on. I think this is one of those times. To set the scene: Xavier head coach Chris Mack got his wife and two daughters in on a parody of the hit song “Call Me Maybe,” becoming the next…
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)