Nov 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Xavier senior center Matt Stainbrook gave up his basketball scholarship to his younger brother, Tim, and became an Uber driver to make additional money.
Nov 2, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
Xavier showed off a new uniform Sunday afternoon via the athletics department Twitter account.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Pretty good dunk, but still not better than Chris Mack’s entrance.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
Chris Mack and his daughters performed ‘Paul Revere’ at Musketeer Madness on Friday night.
Oct 16, 2014, 5:16 PM EST
Kaiser Gates can serve as either a small forward or a stretch-4 for the Musketeers.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Xavier went 4-0 on a preseason trip to Brazil and got a lot of playing time for its inexperienced team.
May 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Xavier has made the NCAA Tournament in four of five years under head coach Chris Mack and rewarded him with a new contract and two-year extension on Monday.
May 10, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Xavier picked up a commitment from 2014 point guard Larry Austin.
Mar 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Due to a health scare involving his son, LeVelle Moton’s family is not making the trip to San Antonio.
Mar 18, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
In 2013, for the first time in seven seasons, Xavier failed to make the NCAA tournament. This year, in a new conference Chris Mack’s Musketeers got one of the last four bids, playing NC State in the First Four on Tuesday night. It must have been a relief to hear Xavier’s name called on Selection…
Feb 25, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
There hasn’t been a hotter team in Big East play since late January than St. John’s. Steve Lavin’s squad was both clicking on defense (forcing countless steals) and on offense (consistently converting from two-point range), and the team looked like an shoo-in for an NCAA tournament bid. However, it appears the Red Storm has reverted…
Jan 19, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
The Xavier Musketeers will be down a big man for the remainder of the season, as it was reported by Shannon Russell of the Cincinnati Enquirer that freshman forward Kamall Richards tore the ACL in his left knee and as a result will miss the remainder of the season. According to the report Richards suffered…
Dec 31, 2013, 10:46 AM EST
Vin Parise of College Basketball Talk caught up with Xavier head coach Chris Mack as the Musketeers get ready for the start of Big East play: CBT: You guys have won 5 in a row, including the Cincinnati win, at Alabama and Wake Forest. What is going right with Xavier basketball right now? Mack: To…
Oct 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Chris Mack entered Xavier’s Midnight Madness last night to Eminem’s The Real Slim Shady, which is fitting for Mack, who looks like Marshall Mathers got stretched out a foot. Too bad he didn’t step onto the floor rapping. The Xavier Musketeers unofficially kicked off their season with the 2013-14 Skyline Chili Musketeer Madness celebration last…
Jul 29, 2012, 9:32 AM EST
Sometimes you just have to watch a video to get the full sense of what is going on. I think this is one of those times. To set the scene: Xavier head coach Chris Mack got his wife and two daughters in on a parody of the hit song “Call Me Maybe,” becoming the next…
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)