Oct 22, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
College basketball will have plenty of impact freshmen this season. Here’s a look at some that could step in and contribute right away.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
These are the players to keep an eye on if you like seeing aerial acrobatics.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Jayhawks are going with a more old-school feel.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
He’s broached the subject a number of times this summer.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Watch the incoming class showcase their talents in Brooklyn on Friday night.
Chicago duo Jahlil Okafor, Cliff Alexander earn MVP honors as East beats West in Jordan Brand Classic
Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Chicago natives Jahlil Okafor and Cliff Alexander earned MVP honors as the East beat the West in the Jordan Brand Classic.
Feb 21, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Kansas signee Cliff Alexander is one of the nation’s most talented interior prospects, with his physical strength and athleticism making the Chicago native an incredibly difficult matchup for most opponents. Ball is Life released a midseason highlight video of Alexander, who attends Curie HS, in action and the timing couldn’t be better. Why? Curie takes…
Nov 15, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Kansas missed out on Jalil Okafor and Tyus Jones on Friday afternoon, but the Jayhawks landed themselves a pretty solid consolation prize: Cliff Alexander. Alexander is the No. 4 player in the Class of 2014. A 6-foot-8 power forward, Alexander is athletic, a strong and powerful kid with long arms that physically abuses the rim…
Nov 14, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
Tuesday was arguably the biggest non-NCAA tournament day in college basketball, as the Tip-Off Marathon culminated in the Champions Classic in Chicago. Friday may be the most important day for the 2014-2015 college hoops season. Why? Four of Rivals top five recruits in the country remain uncommitted. That will no longer be the case as…
Sep 23, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Cliff Alexander is one of the most sought-after recruits in the country. A 6-foot-8 forward, Alexander is as explosive and powerful as anyone in the Class of 2014. When he dunks, you feel sorry for the rim. When he blocks a shot, he leaves a dent in the basketball. He can scratch his knees without…
Sep 21, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
If you’re bored over the weekend and need a hoops fix, you probably look at YouTube for basketball mixtapes and old game footage to pass the time like I do. Thankfully, since I live in Chicago, there is a lot of local high school basketball talent, including top-5 2014 power forward Cliff Alexander, to keep…
Sep 15, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Cliff Alexander, the #2 rated recruit in ESPN’s Top 100 rankings for the class of 2014, tweeted out earlier this afternoon that he plans to play his college basketball with JaQuan Lyle, the #22 recruit, according to ESPN. These “package deals” seem to be all the rage this offseason, along with schools unveiling courts with…
Sep 4, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, Rivals released the latest installment of their Top 150 rankings for the Class of 2014, and it should really come as no surprise to anyone that 6-foot-11, 270 pound center Jahlil Okafor is the No. 1 recruit in the class. Big men that are that size, that nimble, and that enjoy playing…
Sep 3, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Earlier today, Will Leitch, who founded Deadspin and is an unabashed Illinois hoops fan, wrote about Cliff Alexander, the Illini’s top Class of 2014 target, and the recruiting process on an elite prospect for Sports on Earth. More specifically, he writes about just how weird and awkward that process actually is. Me? I’ve become accustomed…
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)