Nov 9, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Kyle Collinsworth played 13 minutes Saturday, as the team will keep track of his minutes during the early portion of the 2014-15 season.
Nov 7, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
Kyle Collinsworth suffered a torn ACL in the first half of last year’s WCC tournament final.
Nov 2, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
BYU is losing a key piece to ankle surgery for a few months.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:06 PM EST
Kyle Collinsworth led the Cougars in rebounding and assists before suffering a torn ACL in the WCC tournament final.
Mar 12, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Losing to Gonzaga in the WCC title game was bad enough for BYU. But the news got even worse on Wednesday, as the school announced that Kyle Collinsworth tore the ACL in his right knee.
Jan 3, 2014, 12:11 PM EST
Pegged by many as the team most likely to challenge Gonzaga atop the West Coast Conference, the BYU Cougars have struggled mightily of late. Losers of four in a row and five of their last six games, Dave Rose’s team has encountered issues on both ends of the floor. Offensively the Cougars have shot 15-for-56…
Dec 29, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Over the course of the holiday week, we at College Basketball Talk will be detailing what we believe will be the New Year’s Resolutions of some of the nation’s most talented, most disappointing, and thoroughly enigmatic teams. What can we say, we’re in a giving mood. Who else made Resolutions? Click here to find out.…
Oct 28, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. The BYU basketball program went through some changes in the two years that junior guard Tyler Haws spent away from the program, serving his two-year LDS mission in the Philippines. During his…
Oct 10, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
BYU will enter the 2013-2014 season with one of the best perimeter attacks on the West Coast. Tyler Haws is a potential all-american, a 6-foot-4 off-guard that averaged 21.7 points despite coming off of a two-year mission to the Phillipines. Matt Carlino may not be the second coming of Jimmer Fredette, but the UCLA transfer…
Sep 14, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
I know coaches like to get the jump on their rivals by getting a kid’s verbal commitment early, but this is ridiculous. Dave Rose has offered a scholarship to 6’1″ guard Frank Jackson, and Jackson has accepted. The rub is that Jackson isn’t expected to suit up for Brigham Young until 2018. It’s not as…
Sep 9, 2013, 8:34 PM EST
On Monday, BYU head coach Dave Rose underwent surgery to remove cancerous spots at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital in Salt Lake City. This came according to Greg Wrubell of KSL.com, who reported the surgery was required once “cancerous spots” were discovered in Rose’s last cancer screening. Rose, who was diagnosed with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor cancer in…
Sep 17, 2012, 7:46 PM EST
Chris Collinsworth’s career at BYU is over. The school announced in a release that the 6-9 Collinsworth was recently told his injured ankle would require microfracture surgery, which prompted him to announce his retirement from the game. “I can’t imagine the disappointment that Chris and his family must be feeling at this moment,” BYU head…
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)