Sep 29, 2014, 12:47 PM EST
Deville Smith has completed the tough task of playing for four different schools in four seasons.
Aug 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
A former UNLV guard has found a new place to play for the upcoming season.
Aug 20, 2014, 5:38 PM EST
Deville Smith averaged 9.7 points and 2.7 assists in 32 games last season, making 18 starts.
May 22, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
Jelan Kendrick is now UNLV’s leading returning scorer.
Feb 25, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
Over the weekend, we had one of the most exciting finishes in college basketball as UNLV was knocked off by Boise State in overtime when Deville Smith’s game-winning jumper was waived off. It came a split-second too late. League officials reviewed the tape and agreed. The ball was still touching Smith’s fingertips when the clock…
Jan 16, 2014, 12:26 AM EST
Six days ago the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels put forth one of their poorer performances of the season, losing at home to rival Nevada with the Wolf Pack meeting little resistance on the offensive end of the floor. With a lengthy (by in-season standards) layoff ahead of road games at New Mexico and No. 10 San…
Nov 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels aren’t off to the best of starts, with a lack of continuity coming as a result of so many new pieces working to mesh together and some key personnel issues. Leading returning scorer Bryce Dejean-Jones’ return from a hamstring injury didn’t help UNLV against UCSB on Tuesday night, with the Gauchos…
Oct 4, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of our preview lists,click here. For a schedule of our previews for the…
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)