Ed O’Bannon lawsuit
Aug 12, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The NCAA also hired outside lobbyists for the first time since 1998.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The NCAA released a brief statement regarding Electronic Arts’ settlement with the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit plaintiffs.
May 23, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Ed O’Bannon lawsuit will officially begin June 9 after Judge Claudia Wilken’s decision to deny the NCAA’s remaining motions.
May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The NCAA has filed a motion to have the Ed O’Bannon suit delayed until February.
May 3, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
The plaintiffs in the Sam Keller lawsuit against the NCAA support the governing body’s request to delay the start of the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Lawyers representing the NCAA filed two separate motions Friday night in attempts of having the Ed O’Bannon suit either dismantled or delayed.
Feb 28, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
After U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken denied the NCAA’s request to have the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit dismissed last Friday, it seemed as if the case would be headed to trial in June. However on Friday it was reported by Jon Solomon of AL.com that Wilken has demanded that the two parties begin settlement talks. The…
Feb 21, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
With Electronic Arts and the Collegiate Licensing Company settling their respective lawsuits months ago, the NCAA was left as the lone defendant in the lawsuit named for former UCLA basketball standout Ed O’Bannon. Instead of going the settlement route the NCAA was going to fight in hopes of getting the suit dismissed, and based upon…
Dec 13, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Less than a month after the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit filed a request for a summary judgement the NCAA filed a request of its own on Thursday night, asking U.S. District Federal Judge Claudia Wilken to not issue an injunction that would prohibit the NCAA and its membership from limiting what scholarship athletes…
Sep 18, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The NCAA issued yet another stall tactic in the now-four year old anti-trust lawsuit that was filed by Ed O’Bannon in 2009 regarding the use of NCAA athletes’ names and likenesses in video games. USA Today reported the news late Tuesday night. Both the NCAA and CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company, LLC), co-defendants in O’Bannon’s lawsuit,…
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)