Ed O’Bannon lawsuit
Jun 4, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The NCAA released a brief statement regarding Electronic Arts’ settlement with the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit plaintiffs.
May 23, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Ed O’Bannon lawsuit will officially begin June 9 after Judge Claudia Wilken’s decision to deny the NCAA’s remaining motions.
May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The NCAA has filed a motion to have the Ed O’Bannon suit delayed until February.
May 3, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
The plaintiffs in the Sam Keller lawsuit against the NCAA support the governing body’s request to delay the start of the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Lawyers representing the NCAA filed two separate motions Friday night in attempts of having the Ed O’Bannon suit either dismantled or delayed.
Feb 28, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
After U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken denied the NCAA’s request to have the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit dismissed last Friday, it seemed as if the case would be headed to trial in June. However on Friday it was reported by Jon Solomon of AL.com that Wilken has demanded that the two parties begin settlement talks. The…
Feb 21, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
With Electronic Arts and the Collegiate Licensing Company settling their respective lawsuits months ago, the NCAA was left as the lone defendant in the lawsuit named for former UCLA basketball standout Ed O’Bannon. Instead of going the settlement route the NCAA was going to fight in hopes of getting the suit dismissed, and based upon…
Dec 13, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Less than a month after the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit filed a request for a summary judgement the NCAA filed a request of its own on Thursday night, asking U.S. District Federal Judge Claudia Wilken to not issue an injunction that would prohibit the NCAA and its membership from limiting what scholarship athletes…
Sep 18, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The NCAA issued yet another stall tactic in the now-four year old anti-trust lawsuit that was filed by Ed O’Bannon in 2009 regarding the use of NCAA athletes’ names and likenesses in video games. USA Today reported the news late Tuesday night. Both the NCAA and CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company, LLC), co-defendants in O’Bannon’s lawsuit,…
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)