Ed O’Bannon lawsuit
Aug 12, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The NCAA also hired outside lobbyists for the first time since 1998.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
The NCAA released a brief statement regarding Electronic Arts’ settlement with the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit plaintiffs.
May 23, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The Ed O’Bannon lawsuit will officially begin June 9 after Judge Claudia Wilken’s decision to deny the NCAA’s remaining motions.
May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
The NCAA has filed a motion to have the Ed O’Bannon suit delayed until February.
May 3, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
The plaintiffs in the Sam Keller lawsuit against the NCAA support the governing body’s request to delay the start of the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
Lawyers representing the NCAA filed two separate motions Friday night in attempts of having the Ed O’Bannon suit either dismantled or delayed.
Feb 28, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
After U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken denied the NCAA’s request to have the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit dismissed last Friday, it seemed as if the case would be headed to trial in June. However on Friday it was reported by Jon Solomon of AL.com that Wilken has demanded that the two parties begin settlement talks. The…
Feb 21, 2014, 4:41 PM EST
With Electronic Arts and the Collegiate Licensing Company settling their respective lawsuits months ago, the NCAA was left as the lone defendant in the lawsuit named for former UCLA basketball standout Ed O’Bannon. Instead of going the settlement route the NCAA was going to fight in hopes of getting the suit dismissed, and based upon…
Dec 13, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Less than a month after the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit filed a request for a summary judgement the NCAA filed a request of its own on Thursday night, asking U.S. District Federal Judge Claudia Wilken to not issue an injunction that would prohibit the NCAA and its membership from limiting what scholarship athletes…
Sep 18, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
The NCAA issued yet another stall tactic in the now-four year old anti-trust lawsuit that was filed by Ed O’Bannon in 2009 regarding the use of NCAA athletes’ names and likenesses in video games. USA Today reported the news late Tuesday night. Both the NCAA and CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company, LLC), co-defendants in O’Bannon’s lawsuit,…
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)