Ed O’Bannon lawsuit
Aug 12, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The NCAA also hired outside lobbyists for the first time since 1998.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The NCAA released a brief statement regarding Electronic Arts’ settlement with the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit plaintiffs.
May 23, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Ed O’Bannon lawsuit will officially begin June 9 after Judge Claudia Wilken’s decision to deny the NCAA’s remaining motions.
May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The NCAA has filed a motion to have the Ed O’Bannon suit delayed until February.
May 3, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
The plaintiffs in the Sam Keller lawsuit against the NCAA support the governing body’s request to delay the start of the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Lawyers representing the NCAA filed two separate motions Friday night in attempts of having the Ed O’Bannon suit either dismantled or delayed.
Feb 28, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
After U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken denied the NCAA’s request to have the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit dismissed last Friday, it seemed as if the case would be headed to trial in June. However on Friday it was reported by Jon Solomon of AL.com that Wilken has demanded that the two parties begin settlement talks. The…
Feb 21, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
With Electronic Arts and the Collegiate Licensing Company settling their respective lawsuits months ago, the NCAA was left as the lone defendant in the lawsuit named for former UCLA basketball standout Ed O’Bannon. Instead of going the settlement route the NCAA was going to fight in hopes of getting the suit dismissed, and based upon…
Dec 13, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Less than a month after the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit filed a request for a summary judgement the NCAA filed a request of its own on Thursday night, asking U.S. District Federal Judge Claudia Wilken to not issue an injunction that would prohibit the NCAA and its membership from limiting what scholarship athletes…
Sep 18, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The NCAA issued yet another stall tactic in the now-four year old anti-trust lawsuit that was filed by Ed O’Bannon in 2009 regarding the use of NCAA athletes’ names and likenesses in video games. USA Today reported the news late Tuesday night. Both the NCAA and CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company, LLC), co-defendants in O’Bannon’s lawsuit,…
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)