Ed O’Bannon lawsuit
Aug 12, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The NCAA also hired outside lobbyists for the first time since 1998.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
The NCAA released a brief statement regarding Electronic Arts’ settlement with the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit plaintiffs.
May 23, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The Ed O’Bannon lawsuit will officially begin June 9 after Judge Claudia Wilken’s decision to deny the NCAA’s remaining motions.
May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
The NCAA has filed a motion to have the Ed O’Bannon suit delayed until February.
May 3, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
The plaintiffs in the Sam Keller lawsuit against the NCAA support the governing body’s request to delay the start of the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
Lawyers representing the NCAA filed two separate motions Friday night in attempts of having the Ed O’Bannon suit either dismantled or delayed.
Feb 28, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
After U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken denied the NCAA’s request to have the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit dismissed last Friday, it seemed as if the case would be headed to trial in June. However on Friday it was reported by Jon Solomon of AL.com that Wilken has demanded that the two parties begin settlement talks. The…
Feb 21, 2014, 4:41 PM EST
With Electronic Arts and the Collegiate Licensing Company settling their respective lawsuits months ago, the NCAA was left as the lone defendant in the lawsuit named for former UCLA basketball standout Ed O’Bannon. Instead of going the settlement route the NCAA was going to fight in hopes of getting the suit dismissed, and based upon…
Dec 13, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Less than a month after the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit filed a request for a summary judgement the NCAA filed a request of its own on Thursday night, asking U.S. District Federal Judge Claudia Wilken to not issue an injunction that would prohibit the NCAA and its membership from limiting what scholarship athletes…
Sep 18, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
The NCAA issued yet another stall tactic in the now-four year old anti-trust lawsuit that was filed by Ed O’Bannon in 2009 regarding the use of NCAA athletes’ names and likenesses in video games. USA Today reported the news late Tuesday night. Both the NCAA and CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company, LLC), co-defendants in O’Bannon’s lawsuit,…
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)