Aug 10, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
The NCAA will appeal Friday’s ruling.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The NCAA violated antitrust law, according to a ruling from a judge in the Ed O’Bannon case.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Ed O’Bannon’s lead attorney didn’t even know who he was when he first met him.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the 1999 Final Four MOP would have returned to school for his senior season if athletes were paid by the NCAA at the time.
Jun 9, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
That brings the total amount of settlements to $60 million in the EA Sports lawsuits.
May 31, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Video game producer EA Sports has settled with former college athletes for $40 million.
Nov 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
On Friday, the latest ruling in former UCLA star Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA came down from United States District Judge Claudia Wilken. And depending on how you spin the ruling, it can be considered a win for both sides. Wilken has certified the lawsuit as a class-action, but with one, significant catch: she certified…
Oct 25, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
With EA Sports and the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) having settled with the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit regarding the use of player likenesses, the NCAA finds itself as the lone defendant in a case that could ultimately change the shape of collegiate athletics. And on Friday the plaintiffs picked up another victory of…
Sep 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
And then there was one defendant remaining in the lawsuit against the NCAA, EA Sports and Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) filed by a number of former college athletes. On Thursday it was reported that EA Sports, which also announced that it will not produce its popular college football video game next season, and the CLC…
Jul 19, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
Late Thursday evening word spread that six current college football players have joined the list of plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon vs. NCAA lawsuit. Those players are Arizona linebacker Chase Fischer, Arizona kicker Jake Smith, Clemson cornerback Darius Robinson, Vanderbilt linebacker Chase Garnham, Minnesota receiver Victor Keise and Minnesota tight end Moses Alipate. The follow-up…
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)