Aug 10, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
The NCAA will appeal Friday’s ruling.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The NCAA violated antitrust law, according to a ruling from a judge in the Ed O’Bannon case.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
Ed O’Bannon’s lead attorney didn’t even know who he was when he first met him.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Believe it or not, the 1999 Final Four MOP would have returned to school for his senior season if athletes were paid by the NCAA at the time.
Jun 9, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
That brings the total amount of settlements to $60 million in the EA Sports lawsuits.
May 31, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Video game producer EA Sports has settled with former college athletes for $40 million.
Nov 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
On Friday, the latest ruling in former UCLA star Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA came down from United States District Judge Claudia Wilken. And depending on how you spin the ruling, it can be considered a win for both sides. Wilken has certified the lawsuit as a class-action, but with one, significant catch: she certified…
Oct 25, 2013, 2:53 PM EST
With EA Sports and the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) having settled with the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit regarding the use of player likenesses, the NCAA finds itself as the lone defendant in a case that could ultimately change the shape of collegiate athletics. And on Friday the plaintiffs picked up another victory of…
Sep 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
And then there was one defendant remaining in the lawsuit against the NCAA, EA Sports and Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) filed by a number of former college athletes. On Thursday it was reported that EA Sports, which also announced that it will not produce its popular college football video game next season, and the CLC…
Jul 19, 2013, 4:06 PM EST
Late Thursday evening word spread that six current college football players have joined the list of plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon vs. NCAA lawsuit. Those players are Arizona linebacker Chase Fischer, Arizona kicker Jake Smith, Clemson cornerback Darius Robinson, Vanderbilt linebacker Chase Garnham, Minnesota receiver Victor Keise and Minnesota tight end Moses Alipate. The follow-up…
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)