Aug 10, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
The NCAA will appeal Friday’s ruling.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The NCAA violated antitrust law, according to a ruling from a judge in the Ed O’Bannon case.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
Ed O’Bannon’s lead attorney didn’t even know who he was when he first met him.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Believe it or not, the 1999 Final Four MOP would have returned to school for his senior season if athletes were paid by the NCAA at the time.
Jun 9, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
That brings the total amount of settlements to $60 million in the EA Sports lawsuits.
May 31, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Video game producer EA Sports has settled with former college athletes for $40 million.
Nov 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
On Friday, the latest ruling in former UCLA star Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA came down from United States District Judge Claudia Wilken. And depending on how you spin the ruling, it can be considered a win for both sides. Wilken has certified the lawsuit as a class-action, but with one, significant catch: she certified…
Oct 25, 2013, 2:53 PM EST
With EA Sports and the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) having settled with the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit regarding the use of player likenesses, the NCAA finds itself as the lone defendant in a case that could ultimately change the shape of collegiate athletics. And on Friday the plaintiffs picked up another victory of…
Sep 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
And then there was one defendant remaining in the lawsuit against the NCAA, EA Sports and Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) filed by a number of former college athletes. On Thursday it was reported that EA Sports, which also announced that it will not produce its popular college football video game next season, and the CLC…
Jul 19, 2013, 4:06 PM EST
Late Thursday evening word spread that six current college football players have joined the list of plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon vs. NCAA lawsuit. Those players are Arizona linebacker Chase Fischer, Arizona kicker Jake Smith, Clemson cornerback Darius Robinson, Vanderbilt linebacker Chase Garnham, Minnesota receiver Victor Keise and Minnesota tight end Moses Alipate. The follow-up…
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)