Aug 10, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
The NCAA will appeal Friday’s ruling.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The NCAA violated antitrust law, according to a ruling from a judge in the Ed O’Bannon case.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
Ed O’Bannon’s lead attorney didn’t even know who he was when he first met him.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Believe it or not, the 1999 Final Four MOP would have returned to school for his senior season if athletes were paid by the NCAA at the time.
Jun 9, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
That brings the total amount of settlements to $60 million in the EA Sports lawsuits.
May 31, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Video game producer EA Sports has settled with former college athletes for $40 million.
Nov 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
On Friday, the latest ruling in former UCLA star Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA came down from United States District Judge Claudia Wilken. And depending on how you spin the ruling, it can be considered a win for both sides. Wilken has certified the lawsuit as a class-action, but with one, significant catch: she certified…
Oct 25, 2013, 2:53 PM EST
With EA Sports and the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) having settled with the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit regarding the use of player likenesses, the NCAA finds itself as the lone defendant in a case that could ultimately change the shape of collegiate athletics. And on Friday the plaintiffs picked up another victory of…
Sep 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
And then there was one defendant remaining in the lawsuit against the NCAA, EA Sports and Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) filed by a number of former college athletes. On Thursday it was reported that EA Sports, which also announced that it will not produce its popular college football video game next season, and the CLC…
Jul 19, 2013, 4:06 PM EST
Late Thursday evening word spread that six current college football players have joined the list of plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon vs. NCAA lawsuit. Those players are Arizona linebacker Chase Fischer, Arizona kicker Jake Smith, Clemson cornerback Darius Robinson, Vanderbilt linebacker Chase Garnham, Minnesota receiver Victor Keise and Minnesota tight end Moses Alipate. The follow-up…
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)