Nov 6, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Every year features teams that step forward into the national limelight. Here are ten to keep in mind in advance of the 2014-15 season.
Oct 4, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
The game was originally booked for the Mullins Center on the UMass campus.
Sep 24, 2014, 6:34 PM EST
FGCU’s first 2015 commitment is an explosive small forward who finishes above the rim with authority.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
FGCU’s Sweet 16 run in 2013 paid off in a big way for the athletic department.
Aug 29, 2014, 9:36 AM EST
Zach Johnson was a player the Eagles could have used to add some depth to their backcourt.
Feb 21, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: VCU at UMass, 7:00 p.m. (ESPN2) Like teams that prefer to play fast? This is the game to watch then, with both the Rams and Minutemen ranked in the top 25 nationally in adjusted tempo. Both have speed and a desire to pressure defensively, with the Minutemen being led by senior…
Jan 24, 2014, 2:34 AM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Portland 114, BYU 110 (3OT) Portland has now beaten both Gonzaga and BYU at home this season, and their win over the Cougars may stand as one of the best games of the season when we reach early April. Tyler Haws, whose 48 points were the most scored in a WCC…
Nov 12, 2013, 9:26 AM EST
After getting run out of the sparkling new Pinnacle Bank Arena on Friday night, the FGCU Eagles entered Tuesday morning’s game against Hartford in need of a victory to avoid an 0-2 start to the Joe Dooley era. And in the first 20 minutes FGCU looked like a team that yearned for the comfort of…
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)