Fred Van Vleet
Dec 17, 2014, 11:16 AM EST
The Shockers miss Cleanthony Early, but how much will this hurt them in the long-term?
Dec 16, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
Wichita State found a way to win in a thrilling home game against Alabama.
Dec 4, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
The Shockers are going to be just fine this season.
Dec 4, 2014, 2:38 AM EST
Utah was able to make things uncomfortable for the Shockers with their defense, as the Shockers managed just eight assists on 24 made field goals.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
The most important player to a team isn’t always the most talented. Here are ten players who will be critical to their team’s national title hopes.
Nov 4, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Fred Van Vleet and Wichita State are focused on maintaining an elite two-year run.
Nov 4, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Can the Shockers make national waves for the third consecutive season?
Oct 27, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
There are plenty of intriguing lead guards in college hoops this season.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
The Shockers went to the Final Four in 2013 and undefeated in 2014. What is next for them?
Oct 1, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
Van Vleet has been attending speaking engagements this offseason, trying to give back to the youth.
Sep 21, 2014, 5:14 PM EST
The Shockers won’t lack for capable leaders this season, and their newcomers have followed the lead of those veterans in the weight room.
Aug 25, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
This group will be anything but a consensus.
Aug 5, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
There has been a lot of talk about the future of Team USA after Paul George’s injury. What would it look like with just college guys?
Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Wichita State is coming off of a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. What happens if they can’t match that success again?
Jun 9, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
Fred Van Vleet is one of the most impressive young men you’ll come across in this business.
Feb 28, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
One day after the USBWA announced its fifteen finalists for the Oscar Robertson Award the Atlanta Tipoff Club released its list of ten semifinalists for the Naismith Award. Among the ten players on the list are seniors Doug McDermott (Creighton) and Russ Smith (Louisville), along with highly regarded freshmen such as Tyler Ennis (Syracuse), Jabari…
Feb 16, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
When it comes to the national title chances of No. 4 Wichita State, many detractors rush to point out the fact that they play in a Missouri Valley Conference that isn’t as strong as it’s been in years past. While there may be some truth to that, with No. 18 Creighton’s move to the Big…
Feb 11, 2014, 11:11 PM EST
Tuesday night wasn’t the best performance from No. 4 Wichita State. But like the previous 25 games it ended with a Shockers victory. Wichita State trailed Southern Illinois by one at halftime, allowed too much dribble penetration on defense, shot 2-for-14 from beyond the arc in the first half and got a bad outing from…
Feb 1, 2014, 5:36 PM EST
For the fourth-ranked Wichita State Shockers, Saturday’s game against Evansville represented a stiffer test than some may have realized. Marty Simmons’ Purple Aces beat the Shockers twice last season, and despite the graduation of Colt Ryan (he scored 29 in the win at Wichita State) Evansville had another capable scoring guard in D.J. Balentine. Balentine…
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)