Nov 17, 2014, 11:59 PM EST
The two-time defending champion Huskies fell to snap a 47-game win streak.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
UConn showed off its new trophies while also paying homage to some former greats during their annual preseason event Friday night.
Oct 17, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
The reigning men’s and women’s national champions have new practice digs, with the full cost ($39 million) to be covered by private donors.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Geno Auriemma called Mo’ne Davis to congratulate her on her pitching performance in Williamsport.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
Of all the things to turn in another school for…
Sep 3, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
The head coach’s call to the Little Leaguer wasn’t viewed as being within NCAA rules by an anonymous school.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Mo’ne Davis is currently focused on winning a LLWS title, but down the line she really wants to run the point at UConn.
Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
To the victor go the spoils, and in the case of UConn’s Geno Auriemma the spoils include a customized pair of sneakers.
Oct 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EST
UConn has been a powerhouse in both men’s and women’s college basketball for decades now. Both teams enjoy massive popularity in Storrs, but they have sometimes rumored to be at odds with one another – especially when Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma were vying for the spotlight at the same time. Under Kevin Ollie, however,…
Sep 5, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Geno Auriemma will be making a return to the Olympics. Auriemma, UConn’s legendary women’s coach, will be the first coach to return for a second run at Olympic glory, having led the USA to Olympic gold in 2012. The news will be announced on Friday, according to the AP. Auriemma had long said that he…
Mar 27, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here. Connecticut has signed long-time head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma to a five-year contract that is expected to keep him in Storrs through the 2017-18 season, the school announced Wednesday. The total compensation due to Auriemma in the contract is $10.86 million, giving him $1.95 million…
Oct 22, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
Geno Auriemma has never been short on opinions. We all remember the famous press conference after his UConn women’s team passed the UCLA men’s teams of the 70s for the consecutive wins title. This time, the seven-time national champion head coach spoke out in an article by the Hartford Courant about rules changes. The one…
Oct 30, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
Jessica Hill / AP The Connecticut women’s basketball team hasn’t lost since … forever. It’s won 78 straight games (10 shy of matching John Wooden’s Bruins) and has been atop the AP women’s poll that last 44 weeks (two more weeks will tie another record by Wooden’s Bruins). The Huskies have the nation’s best player…
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)