Nov 17, 2014, 11:59 PM EST
The two-time defending champion Huskies fell to snap a 47-game win streak.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
UConn showed off its new trophies while also paying homage to some former greats during their annual preseason event Friday night.
Oct 17, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
The reigning men’s and women’s national champions have new practice digs, with the full cost ($39 million) to be covered by private donors.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Geno Auriemma called Mo’ne Davis to congratulate her on her pitching performance in Williamsport.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
Of all the things to turn in another school for…
Sep 3, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
The head coach’s call to the Little Leaguer wasn’t viewed as being within NCAA rules by an anonymous school.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Mo’ne Davis is currently focused on winning a LLWS title, but down the line she really wants to run the point at UConn.
Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
To the victor go the spoils, and in the case of UConn’s Geno Auriemma the spoils include a customized pair of sneakers.
Oct 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EST
UConn has been a powerhouse in both men’s and women’s college basketball for decades now. Both teams enjoy massive popularity in Storrs, but they have sometimes rumored to be at odds with one another – especially when Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma were vying for the spotlight at the same time. Under Kevin Ollie, however,…
Sep 5, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Geno Auriemma will be making a return to the Olympics. Auriemma, UConn’s legendary women’s coach, will be the first coach to return for a second run at Olympic glory, having led the USA to Olympic gold in 2012. The news will be announced on Friday, according to the AP. Auriemma had long said that he…
Mar 27, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here. Connecticut has signed long-time head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma to a five-year contract that is expected to keep him in Storrs through the 2017-18 season, the school announced Wednesday. The total compensation due to Auriemma in the contract is $10.86 million, giving him $1.95 million…
Oct 22, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
Geno Auriemma has never been short on opinions. We all remember the famous press conference after his UConn women’s team passed the UCLA men’s teams of the 70s for the consecutive wins title. This time, the seven-time national champion head coach spoke out in an article by the Hartford Courant about rules changes. The one…
Oct 30, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
Jessica Hill / AP The Connecticut women’s basketball team hasn’t lost since … forever. It’s won 78 straight games (10 shy of matching John Wooden’s Bruins) and has been atop the AP women’s poll that last 44 weeks (two more weeks will tie another record by Wooden’s Bruins). The Huskies have the nation’s best player…
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)