Oct 18, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
UConn showed off its new trophies while also paying homage to some former greats during their annual preseason event Friday night.
Oct 17, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
The reigning men’s and women’s national champions have new practice digs, with the full cost ($39 million) to be covered by private donors.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Geno Auriemma called Mo’ne Davis to congratulate her on her pitching performance in Williamsport.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Of all the things to turn in another school for…
Sep 3, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
The head coach’s call to the Little Leaguer wasn’t viewed as being within NCAA rules by an anonymous school.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Mo’ne Davis is currently focused on winning a LLWS title, but down the line she really wants to run the point at UConn.
Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
To the victor go the spoils, and in the case of UConn’s Geno Auriemma the spoils include a customized pair of sneakers.
Oct 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
UConn has been a powerhouse in both men’s and women’s college basketball for decades now. Both teams enjoy massive popularity in Storrs, but they have sometimes rumored to be at odds with one another – especially when Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma were vying for the spotlight at the same time. Under Kevin Ollie, however,…
Sep 5, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Geno Auriemma will be making a return to the Olympics. Auriemma, UConn’s legendary women’s coach, will be the first coach to return for a second run at Olympic glory, having led the USA to Olympic gold in 2012. The news will be announced on Friday, according to the AP. Auriemma had long said that he…
Mar 27, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here. Connecticut has signed long-time head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma to a five-year contract that is expected to keep him in Storrs through the 2017-18 season, the school announced Wednesday. The total compensation due to Auriemma in the contract is $10.86 million, giving him $1.95 million…
Oct 22, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Geno Auriemma has never been short on opinions. We all remember the famous press conference after his UConn women’s team passed the UCLA men’s teams of the 70s for the consecutive wins title. This time, the seven-time national champion head coach spoke out in an article by the Hartford Courant about rules changes. The one…
Oct 30, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
Jessica Hill / AP The Connecticut women’s basketball team hasn’t lost since … forever. It’s won 78 straight games (10 shy of matching John Wooden’s Bruins) and has been atop the AP women’s poll that last 44 weeks (two more weeks will tie another record by Wooden’s Bruins). The Huskies have the nation’s best player…
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)