Apr 5, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Monte Morris is already one of the Big 12′s top guards, and he could be a nationally-known player in 2014-15.
Mar 28, 2014, 11:34 PM EDT
The Cyclones just couldn’t overcome the loss of such an important player this late in the season.
Mar 22, 2014, 12:43 AM EDT
Georges Niang scored 24 points to lead No. 3 Iowa State past No. 14 North Carolina Central, but that win came at a cost as Niang suffered a broken right foot.
Mar 15, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT
Iowa State won 15 Big 12 games between 2008-2011. Three years later, they’re Big 12 tourney champs and a Final Four threat.
Mar 1, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
No. 15 Iowa State has three of the Big 12′s best players in guard DeAndre Kane and forwards Melvin Ejim and Georges Niang. That trio combines to average 52.0 points and 19.7 rebounds per game, and when they’re clicking the Cyclones are a difficult team to beat. But Fred Hoiberg’s team isn’t particularly deep and…
Feb 4, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
It took a little bit longer than they expected, but No. 16 Iowa State got the win they needed. The Cyclones outlasted No. 19 Oklahoma State in a way-too-empty Gallagher-Iba Arena on Monday night, winning 98-97 in a triple-overtime thriller that did well to remind the nation that it is, in fact, basketball season. DeAndre…
Feb 1, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
Nothing exemplifies the way that Iowa State wants to play than the biggest shot of Saturday’s game. Up 73-70 with just under a minute left on the clock, sophomore forward Georges Niang caught a pass 23-feet away from the rim with 22 seconds left on the shot clock, and instead of pulling the ball out…
Jan 14, 2014, 12:12 AM EDT
This just wasn’t No. 8 Iowa State’s night. Listen to some of these numbers: the Cyclones shot 31.4% from the floor and 4-for-25 from three. Melvin Ejim, Georges Niang and Dustin Hogue were a combined 12-for-45 from the floor and 2-for-15 from three. Niang alone was 4-for-20 from the floor and 0-for-9 from three. Those…
Jan 7, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
I listed Deandre Kane No. 3 in my Player of the Year Power Rankings earlier today, which turned out to be really convenient timing as Kane put on a show on Tuesday night. The Iowa State point guard went for 30 points, nine assists, eight boards and five steals while shooting 11-for-18 from the floor…
Dec 14, 2013, 12:08 AM EDT
Tonight in Ames, IA was college basketball at its finest. A Friday night game in prime time between two intrastate rivals: Iowa and Iowa State. It has been quite some time since both teams played each other while ranked in the Top 25. In fact, you’d have to go back to 1987 the last time…
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 0
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)