Oct 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Can the Cyclones overcome the loss of two first-team all-Big 12 players?
Aug 5, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
There has been a lot of talk about the future of Team USA after Paul George’s injury. What would it look like with just college guys?
Jul 25, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Didn’t believe Niang when he stated that he’d reshaped his body? Here’s visual evidence that he did.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Niang, who has dropped some 25 pounds since the end of the season, is looking to have an even greater impact as the Cyclones work to account for the losses of Melvin Ejim and DeAndre Kane.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Wisconsin’s Sam Dekker and Kansas’ Kelly Oubre were two of the college standouts, and LeBron James even took the floor to play with the high school campers on Day 1.
Jun 15, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
After having his season end due to a broken foot, Iowa State’s Georges Niang has lost 20 pounds.
Apr 5, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Monte Morris is already one of the Big 12’s top guards, and he could be a nationally-known player in 2014-15.
Mar 28, 2014, 11:34 PM EDT
The Cyclones just couldn’t overcome the loss of such an important player this late in the season.
Mar 22, 2014, 12:43 AM EDT
Georges Niang scored 24 points to lead No. 3 Iowa State past No. 14 North Carolina Central, but that win came at a cost as Niang suffered a broken right foot.
Mar 15, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT
Iowa State won 15 Big 12 games between 2008-2011. Three years later, they’re Big 12 tourney champs and a Final Four threat.
Mar 1, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
No. 15 Iowa State has three of the Big 12’s best players in guard DeAndre Kane and forwards Melvin Ejim and Georges Niang. That trio combines to average 52.0 points and 19.7 rebounds per game, and when they’re clicking the Cyclones are a difficult team to beat. But Fred Hoiberg’s team isn’t particularly deep and…
Feb 4, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
It took a little bit longer than they expected, but No. 16 Iowa State got the win they needed. The Cyclones outlasted No. 19 Oklahoma State in a way-too-empty Gallagher-Iba Arena on Monday night, winning 98-97 in a triple-overtime thriller that did well to remind the nation that it is, in fact, basketball season. DeAndre…
Feb 1, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
Nothing exemplifies the way that Iowa State wants to play than the biggest shot of Saturday’s game. Up 73-70 with just under a minute left on the clock, sophomore forward Georges Niang caught a pass 23-feet away from the rim with 22 seconds left on the shot clock, and instead of pulling the ball out…
Jan 14, 2014, 12:12 AM EDT
This just wasn’t No. 8 Iowa State’s night. Listen to some of these numbers: the Cyclones shot 31.4% from the floor and 4-for-25 from three. Melvin Ejim, Georges Niang and Dustin Hogue were a combined 12-for-45 from the floor and 2-for-15 from three. Niang alone was 4-for-20 from the floor and 0-for-9 from three. Those…
Jan 7, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
I listed Deandre Kane No. 3 in my Player of the Year Power Rankings earlier today, which turned out to be really convenient timing as Kane put on a show on Tuesday night. The Iowa State point guard went for 30 points, nine assists, eight boards and five steals while shooting 11-for-18 from the floor…
Dec 14, 2013, 12:08 AM EDT
Tonight in Ames, IA was college basketball at its finest. A Friday night game in prime time between two intrastate rivals: Iowa and Iowa State. It has been quite some time since both teams played each other while ranked in the Top 25. In fact, you’d have to go back to 1987 the last time…
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)