Mar 20, 2015, 12:48 AM EDT
Towns also tallied 11 rebounds and three blocks as Kentucky moved to 35-0 on the season.
Mar 17, 2015, 9:23 PM EDT
Hampton became the seventh team in the last nine games to win an NCAA tournament game despite entering with a losing record. Next up: Kentucky.
Mar 14, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Hampton is back in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2011.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Eagles are capable of repeating, but it’s Hampton that will enter the 2014-15 season as the favorite to win the MEAC.
Jun 21, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
The newest member of the Hampton program played in just 22 games at Tennessee, but his new head coach is hoping Quinton Chievous can have an immediate impact.
Jun 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Hampton picked up Tennessee graduate transfer Quinton Chievous.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
MEAC favorite North Carolina Central looks to avoid the chaos of last season’s tournament, in which the top three seeds all lost in the quarterfinals.
Jan 17, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
Nine games into the 2013-14 season sophomore guard Reggie Johnson made the decision to leave the program, resulting in the RedHawks losing their second-leading scorer at the time. Johnson averaged 11.8 points per game for Miami, eclipsing the 20-point mark in three of the nine games he played in. According to College Basketball Talk’s Scott Phillips,…
Dec 21, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Given how much production James Madison lost from last season’s NCAA tournament team and the fact that Andre Nation won’t be available until the Dukes begin CAA play, it comes as no surprise that they’ve struggled offensively this season. Charles Cooke (15.6 ppg, 4.0 rgp, 2.1 apg), Ron Curry (11.9, 4.5, 2.7) and Andre Semenov…
Dec 20, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
The second annual Governor’s Holiday Hoops Classic will be played at the Richmond Coliseum on Saturday afternoon, with the doubleheader matching four of Virginia’s 14 Division I men’s basketball programs. In the opener Hampton takes on James Madison, with the Dukes looking to round into shape after winning the CAA tournament and making its first…
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 4
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 64
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (63)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)