Feb 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Rhode Island has now won five straight since suffering back-to-back losses to VCU and UMass.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The best players and most impressive teams from the last week of college hoops.
Jan 3, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Rhode Island converted nine second-half turnovers by Saint Louis into 21 points in their 65-53 win over the Billikens.
Jan 4, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
The task of rejuvenating a struggling basketball program can be a difficult one, and that was certainly the case for Dan Hurley when he accepted the Rhode Island coaching job in the spring of 2012. The Rams were coming off of a seven-win season, with roster turnover and poor play being major issues. As expected…
Oct 18, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
Earlier this week our own Rob Dauster put together a list of some of the nation’s best dunkers entering the 2013-14 season. A good list for sure, but Rhode Island freshman forward Hassan Martin threw down a dunk during URI’s preseason event on Thursday night that merits mention. Martin did fall to Rutgers transfer Gilvydas…
Sep 23, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
New Rhode Island coach Dan Hurley is on a roll this weekend, continuing to fill his 2013 recruiting class with talent that he’ll be bringing to Kingston. First it was E.C. Matthews, the Top-100 guard from Michigan, and now Hassan Martin, a 6-6 forward from New York City, Zach Braziller of the New York Post…
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (18)