Feb 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Rhode Island has now won five straight since suffering back-to-back losses to VCU and UMass.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The best players and most impressive teams from the last week of college hoops.
Jan 3, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Rhode Island converted nine second-half turnovers by Saint Louis into 21 points in their 65-53 win over the Billikens.
Jan 4, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
The task of rejuvenating a struggling basketball program can be a difficult one, and that was certainly the case for Dan Hurley when he accepted the Rhode Island coaching job in the spring of 2012. The Rams were coming off of a seven-win season, with roster turnover and poor play being major issues. As expected…
Oct 18, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
Earlier this week our own Rob Dauster put together a list of some of the nation’s best dunkers entering the 2013-14 season. A good list for sure, but Rhode Island freshman forward Hassan Martin threw down a dunk during URI’s preseason event on Thursday night that merits mention. Martin did fall to Rutgers transfer Gilvydas…
Sep 23, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
New Rhode Island coach Dan Hurley is on a roll this weekend, continuing to fill his 2013 recruiting class with talent that he’ll be bringing to Kingston. First it was E.C. Matthews, the Top-100 guard from Michigan, and now Hassan Martin, a 6-6 forward from New York City, Zach Braziller of the New York Post…
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)