Feb 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Rhode Island has now won five straight since suffering back-to-back losses to VCU and UMass.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The best players and most impressive teams from the last week of college hoops.
Jan 3, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Rhode Island converted nine second-half turnovers by Saint Louis into 21 points in their 65-53 win over the Billikens.
Jan 4, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
The task of rejuvenating a struggling basketball program can be a difficult one, and that was certainly the case for Dan Hurley when he accepted the Rhode Island coaching job in the spring of 2012. The Rams were coming off of a seven-win season, with roster turnover and poor play being major issues. As expected…
Oct 18, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
Earlier this week our own Rob Dauster put together a list of some of the nation’s best dunkers entering the 2013-14 season. A good list for sure, but Rhode Island freshman forward Hassan Martin threw down a dunk during URI’s preseason event on Thursday night that merits mention. Martin did fall to Rutgers transfer Gilvydas…
Sep 23, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
New Rhode Island coach Dan Hurley is on a roll this weekend, continuing to fill his 2013 recruiting class with talent that he’ll be bringing to Kingston. First it was E.C. Matthews, the Top-100 guard from Michigan, and now Hassan Martin, a 6-6 forward from New York City, Zach Braziller of the New York Post…
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)