Oct 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
An entertaining regular season was followed by a wild conference tournament in 2013-14. Will that once again be the case?
Sep 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
With New Zealand’s loss, college basketball is no longer represented in the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
The second team All-MAC selection scored eight points in Senegal’s win over Puerto Rico.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Yanick Moreira missed time last season due to injury, so this month could prove incredibly valuable for both he and the SMU program he’ll rejoin.
Aug 24, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Nebraska’s Tai Webster scored 21 points in New Zealand’s final tuneup, a 102-96 upset victory over Serbia.
Jul 17, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Carey has plenty of experience recruiting on the west coast, and that could prove beneficial to Hawaii as it looks to build towards winning a Big West crown.
Jun 13, 2014, 4:11 PM EST
While the AD voiced his concern about possible NCAA violations had the school helped its athletes, it turns out they could have done so without penalty.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Hawaii and head coach Gib Arnold are being investigated by the NCAA.
May 30, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Hawaii has lost two staff members to the junior college ranks.
Mar 12, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Regular season champion UC Irvine may have gone 13-3 in Big West play, but look for this tournament to provide a surprise or two.
Mar 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
UCSB issues a statement regarding Thursday’s incident in which a fan confronted Hawaii head coach Gib Arnold on the court
Dec 22, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 10 Connecticut at Washington (3:30 p.m., ESPNU) — all times eastern The Huskies are coming off their first loss of the season as they lost to Stanford at home this past Wednesday, 53-51. Now, in their first true road game of the season, Connecticut will face another Pac-12 team in Washington.…
Nov 12, 2013, 7:48 AM EST
Pegged as the overwhelming favorites to win the WAC, New Mexico State has two areas of strength: the versatility of junior guard Daniel Mullings, and their size in the front court. Tuesday morning against former conference rival Hawaii, the Aggies were able to take advantage of both on their way to a 95-88 victory in…
Jul 13, 2013, 10:49 PM EST
Negus Webster-Chan didn’t make enough of an impression at Mizzou. That’s why he transferred to Hawaii. In Hawaii’s active summer league, however, he’s made an immediate impression. According to the Court Sense blog, he’s caused a bit of a stir, in fact. Not a bad idea in the laid-back Hawaiian summer league. Chippy play in…
Apr 17, 2013, 11:35 PM EST
Hawaii head coach Gib Arnold announced an important addition to the program Wednesday evening, as Missouri transfer Negus Webster-Chan will transfer to the Big West school. A 6-7 guard from Scarborough, Ontario, Webster-Chan averaged 2.5 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest for the Tigers as a freshman. In his 32 games of action Webster-Chan averaged…
Sep 1, 2012, 8:23 PM EST
Nobody really knows what to expect from Hawaii basketball this season. The Warriors are joining the suddenly loaded Big West while still struggling to build a contender under third-year head coach Gib Arnold. The team has a solid inside presence, with senior center Vander Joaquim suiting up beside Nebraska transfer Christian Standhardinger, but the rest…
Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 PM EST
Remember Christian Standhardinger? Yes? No? The former Nebraska Cornhusker was one of the better performers for Doc Sadler, averaging 9.5 points and 5.5 rebounds before everything went south – if that’s the proper term for a kid who was about to transfer to LaSalle, before being caught in flagrante delecto with a lady friend. After…
Apr 14, 2012, 6:17 PM EST
Playing college basketball in San Jose, California sounds pretty nice. It’s pretty warm most of the time, and it’s easy to get to the beach if you want to. It’s hard to imagine what could be better, honestly. San Jose State Spartans guard Keith Shamburger has found a way to improve on his situation in…
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)