Jul 17, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Carey has plenty of experience recruiting on the west coast, and that could prove beneficial to Hawaii as it looks to build towards winning a Big West crown.
Jun 13, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
While the AD voiced his concern about possible NCAA violations had the school helped its athletes, it turns out they could have done so without penalty.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Hawaii and head coach Gib Arnold are being investigated by the NCAA.
May 30, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Hawaii has lost two staff members to the junior college ranks.
Mar 12, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Regular season champion UC Irvine may have gone 13-3 in Big West play, but look for this tournament to provide a surprise or two.
Mar 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
UCSB issues a statement regarding Thursday’s incident in which a fan confronted Hawaii head coach Gib Arnold on the court
Dec 22, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 10 Connecticut at Washington (3:30 p.m., ESPNU) — all times eastern The Huskies are coming off their first loss of the season as they lost to Stanford at home this past Wednesday, 53-51. Now, in their first true road game of the season, Connecticut will face another Pac-12 team in Washington.…
Nov 12, 2013, 7:48 AM EDT
Pegged as the overwhelming favorites to win the WAC, New Mexico State has two areas of strength: the versatility of junior guard Daniel Mullings, and their size in the front court. Tuesday morning against former conference rival Hawaii, the Aggies were able to take advantage of both on their way to a 95-88 victory in…
Jul 13, 2013, 10:49 PM EDT
Negus Webster-Chan didn’t make enough of an impression at Mizzou. That’s why he transferred to Hawaii. In Hawaii’s active summer league, however, he’s made an immediate impression. According to the Court Sense blog, he’s caused a bit of a stir, in fact. Not a bad idea in the laid-back Hawaiian summer league. Chippy play in…
Apr 17, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Hawaii head coach Gib Arnold announced an important addition to the program Wednesday evening, as Missouri transfer Negus Webster-Chan will transfer to the Big West school. A 6-7 guard from Scarborough, Ontario, Webster-Chan averaged 2.5 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest for the Tigers as a freshman. In his 32 games of action Webster-Chan averaged…
Sep 1, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
Nobody really knows what to expect from Hawaii basketball this season. The Warriors are joining the suddenly loaded Big West while still struggling to build a contender under third-year head coach Gib Arnold. The team has a solid inside presence, with senior center Vander Joaquim suiting up beside Nebraska transfer Christian Standhardinger, but the rest…
Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 PM EDT
Remember Christian Standhardinger? Yes? No? The former Nebraska Cornhusker was one of the better performers for Doc Sadler, averaging 9.5 points and 5.5 rebounds before everything went south – if that’s the proper term for a kid who was about to transfer to LaSalle, before being caught in flagrante delecto with a lady friend. After…
Apr 14, 2012, 6:17 PM EDT
Playing college basketball in San Jose, California sounds pretty nice. It’s pretty warm most of the time, and it’s easy to get to the beach if you want to. It’s hard to imagine what could be better, honestly. San Jose State Spartans guard Keith Shamburger has found a way to improve on his situation in…
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)