High Point Panthers
Feb 6, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
John Brown being John Brown.
Feb 6, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Yale looks to move to 5-0 in the Ivy League, and Iona looks to maintain its two-game edge in the MAAC.
Nov 18, 2014, 7:42 AM EDT
Hawaii led by nine with just over six minutes remaining, but they ran out of gas and committed some costly mistakes as High Point ended the game on a 20-3 run.
Nov 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
One of the craziest moments from the first night of the 2014-15 college basketball season
Oct 16, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
John Brown is the reigning Big South Player of the Year and one of the most entertaining players in the country.
Oct 16, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
The Big South has plenty of young talent and should once again be a thrilling conference race.
Mar 7, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Winthrop’s Andre Smith provides the latest buzzer-beater, knocking off Big South regular season champ High Point.
Mar 4, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
There may not be a more wide-open conference tournament this season than the Big South. High Point won the North Division with the best record in conference play at 12-4, but they also needed to win 10 of their last 11 games to do so and are playing without one of their star forwards in…
Jan 26, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
In 2012-2013, John Brown had his share of highlight-reel dunks. Saturday afternoon may have been his best alley-oop. In the waning minutes of first half against UNC Asheville, Brown used a high screen to slip by the Bulldogs defense and caught a feed from Devante Wallace for a reverse alley-oop. That dunk capped off a 24-7…
Dec 20, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Syracuse blew out High Point on Friday evening, 75-54. If you can believe it, however, High Point actually led Syracuse early in the second half, 40-39. The Orange would then go on a 28-3 run. Midway through the run, C.J. Fair did this. Follow @KLDoyle11
Dec 6, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
The trying career of Allan Chaney has come to an end. After beginning at the University of Florida for his freshman year, then transferring to Virginia Tech where he never was cleared to play due to a case of viral mycarditis — an infection that results in inflammation of the heart — he finally ended up at…
Nov 24, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
The story of High Point senior forward Allan Chaney is one college basketball fans may be familiar with. After transferring to Virginia Tech from Florida Chaney was told by doctors in 2010 that a case of viral mycarditis, an infection that results in inflammation of the heart, would end his basketball career. The road back…
Oct 10, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
For three years, Allan Chaney watched college basketball from the sideline. The first came while he was at Virginia Tech, where he sat out his sophomore season after transferring from Florida. The next two season, however, would be much more challenging than simply following NCAA transfer rules. The 6-foot-9 Chaney endured two grueling years after he…
Oct 10, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of our previews…
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)