Illinois Fighting Illini
Feb 22, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
A good Big Ten rematch and a fun Pac 12 game highlight Sunday’s college basketball action.
Feb 20, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
Aaron Cosby was suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules in late January.
John Havlicek, Quinn Buckner, Charlie Scott among eight new inductees to College Basketball Hall of Fame
Feb 18, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Some of the best players and coaches in college basketball history reach a new milestone.
Feb 15, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The Big Ten and Pac-12 has some matchups to keep track of on Sunday.
Feb 12, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
Rayvonte Rice’s return would be a big deal for Illinois, with the key being how he meshes with much-improved sophomore Malcolm Hill.
Feb 8, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Illinois sophomore guard Jaylon Tate received a controversial technical foul on Saturday against Michigan State. Did Tate deserve a tech?
Feb 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Rice and Cosby had both suffered injuries this month before being suspended on Saturday.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Due to several injuries, John Groce promoted one of his senior managers to the roster on Friday afternoon.
Jan 21, 2015, 7:14 PM EDT
Aaron Cosby suffered the injury during the first half of Illinois’ 80-74 loss to Indiana on Sunday.
Jan 18, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
A slow Sunday in college hoops still has some decent games.
Jan 15, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
This time it’s the bobblehead version of Deron Williams who sends the 2005 Elite Eight game against Arizona into overtime.
Jan 11, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Sunday features some ranked teams playing conference game, but a generally low-volume day of hoops.
Jan 8, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
Illinois limited No. 11 Maryland to 36 percent shooting Wednesday night, and this sequence put forth by Nnanna Egwu was outstanding.
Jan 7, 2015, 11:51 PM EDT
With an 0-2 league record and Rayvonte Rice out due to injury, Illinois put forth one of its best defensive efforts of the season to beat No. 11 Maryland.
Jan 6, 2015, 11:53 AM EDT
Rice is the leading scorer and rebounder for Illinois.
Jan 4, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
One of the best left on the board will decide on Jan. 8.
Dec 30, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
Michigan basketball is 1-0 since Jim Harbaugh has become the football coach.
Dec 29, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
The Big Ten looks pretty wide open outside of Wisconsin.
Michigan basketball ticket prices surge in anticipation of potential Jim Harbaugh head coaching announcement
Dec 28, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Tickets for the Michigan and Illinois game on Tuesday have skyrocketed as Wolverine fans hope for an introduction to potential new football head coach Jim Harbaugh.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Illinois has to get more offense around Rayvonte Rice before a road-heavy start to the Big Ten season.
Dec 20, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Illinois has now won two straight in the series, thanks to Rice’s three-pointer as time expired.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Delaware State’s Amere May scored more points than anyone in college basketball has this season.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Jimmy V Classic and some top-25 teams playing highlighted Tuesday night.
Dec 6, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
A five-star forward is going to wait it out.
Dec 2, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Miami continues to win tough games, as they earned another solid non-conference win in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)