Jun 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Who are the players with the lowest floor, relative to where they are projected to be picked?
Jun 23, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Who will we look back on as the best players in this draft?
May 21, 2014, 10:42 PM EDT
Two Las Vegas sports books feel that Andrew Wiggins is the early favorite to be taken first overall in next month’s NBA Draft.
May 11, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Joel Embiid aren’t expected to be in Chicago for this week’s NBA Draft Combine according to multiple reports.
May 8, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Jabari Parker says thanks and farewell in an Instagram post.
Apr 24, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
Parker is not a fan of forcing players to stay in school for two years.
Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
Duke freshman forward Jabari Parker will decide on his future this week.
Apr 12, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
In a radio interview Friday, Duke’s Jabari Parker stated that he’s still going though the decision-making process with regards to the NBA.
Mar 23, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Sunday afternoon the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced the four finalists for the Naismith Trophy, which is given annually to the best player in college basketball. The finalists are Arizona junior guard Nick Johnson, Creighton senior forward Doug McDermott, Duke freshman forward Jabari Parker and Louisville senior guard Russ Smith. Of the four finalists just one,…
Mar 19, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
CBT’s ranking of the top 68 players in this year’s NCAA tournament.
Mar 11, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
The Duke star is NBCSports.com’s National Freshman of the Year.
Mar 10, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
Doug McDermott is on the list, but who joined him on the first team?
Mar 8, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood both went off for No. 4 Duke as the Blue Devils smacked around North Carolina. Does that mean we can call them a Final Four team again?
Mar 5, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Wake Forest has made a habit of giving top teams in the ACC a tough time in Winston-Salem, and that was no different for No. 4 Duke on Wednesday night. The Blue Devils were down for most of the first half, entered the break trailing 36-33 and couldn’t seem to get any separation from the…
Mar 4, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Remember when people were worried whether or not McDermott would be able to succeed outside the Missouri Valley? Well, he’s averaging 26.0 points and 7.2 boards while shooting 52.0% from the field, 44.1% from three and 88.7% from the line on a top ten team that still has a chance to…
Feb 28, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
One day after the USBWA announced its fifteen finalists for the Oscar Robertson Award the Atlanta Tipoff Club released its list of ten semifinalists for the Naismith Award. Among the ten players on the list are seniors Doug McDermott (Creighton) and Russ Smith (Louisville), along with highly regarded freshmen such as Tyler Ennis (Syracuse), Jabari…
Feb 27, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
In today’s Roundtable, we will each make a pick as to who is the most important player in the National Title race. Rob Dauster: This pick is easy: Keith Appling. I’ve been saying it all season long. If Michigan State can get healthy, they’re going to enter the NCAA tournament as one of, if not…
Feb 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: This is really all you need to know about McDermott: He averaged 27.5 points in wins at Marquette and over Seton Hall at home, and no one even batted an eye. How good do you have to be for 55 points over the course of two games in the Big East…
Feb 22, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Jabari Parker didn’t get off to a great start against No. 1 Syracuse on Saturday night. Midway through the first half, No. 5 Duke’s star freshman had four turnovers, a handful of missed shots and a 17-8 deficit to overcome. But the end of the night, Parker would have 19 points on 6-for-9 shooting, 10…
Feb 18, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: What else can be said about McDermott’s season — and his career — at this point? He had 26 points on 11-for-19 shooting in a win at Butler in which he just so happened to hit the game-winning three with 47.8 seconds left. He followed that up by scoring 39 points…
Feb 16, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
With Maryland set to join the Big Ten Conference next season. Jabari Parker, in all likelihood, won’t be back in Durham for a sophomore season. So, Saturday afternoon was Parker’s only opportunity to leave his mark on the storied Maryland-Duke rivalry. And he did just that. With 1:20 left, Duke drew up a play for…
Feb 15, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Dez Wells was well on his way to being a legend in College Park. Maryland’s star guard had taken over late in the second half as the Terps made their final trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a member of the ACC. For all we know, it may be the final installment of the rivalry…
Feb 4, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Last week, I wrote that McDermott was the runaway favorite to for National Player of the Year. I think everyone pretty much agreed with me at the time. He’s played one game since then, against St. John’s, scoring 39 of Creighton’s 63 points and burying the game-winning three at the buzzer.…
Feb 1, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
The hype for Saturday’s game between No. 17 Duke and No. 2 Syracuse was immense, and in situations such as this one it seems near impossible for the matchup to live up to the pre game chatter. But the Blue Devils and Orange lived up to the hype and then some, playing the most exciting…
Jan 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Since 1997-1998, no college basketball player has averaged 24.5 points, 7.2 boards and shot 43.0% from beyond the arc. In NBA history, no player that has shot more than 15 threes in a season has averaged 24.5 points, 7.0 boards and shot 43.0% from three. Right now, McDermott is averaging 24.3…
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)