Feb 11, 2015, 7:54 PM EDT
While Jonathan Holmes will miss his second consecutive game, Javan Felix (concussion) will return after missing the Longhorns’ last two games.
Feb 6, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Texas will take on Kansas State without one of its top scorers and rebounders.
Feb 3, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Texas is trying to break a three-game losing streak, but will have to do so without a key guard.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Isaiah Taylor injured his left wrist on a hard fall with just over two minutes remaining in Texas’ win over Iowa Thursday night.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
How can Texas build off of last seasons surprising success?
Feb 11, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
If you were wondering how Oklahoma State would fare without sophomore guard Marcus Smart, who began serving his three-game suspension on Tuesday night in Austin, that was answered quickly when Javan Felix scored eight straight Texas points to stretch the lead to 22 with eight minutes to play in the first half. The Longhorns would…
Feb 2, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
In their first game after beating No. 6 Kansas 81-69 on Saturday afternoon, No. 25 Texas will be without a key player when they face TCU on Tuesday night. Sophomore guard Javan Felix, the team’s third-leading scorer, will miss the game after suffering a concussion in Saturday’s victory. Felix, averaging 12.0 points and 3.0 assists…
Jan 27, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Bryce Cotton, Providence Bryce Cotton has been a really good player for the Friars for a long time, but since Providence has spent the entirety of his tenure on campus mired in national irrelevance, he hasn’t gotten near the amount of attention that he deserves. This week that changed. Cotton averaged 21.5…
Dec 18, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
Just about any preseason “hot seat” list included Texas head coach Rick Barnes, and with the change in athletic director on the “40 Acres” there was enough conversation to make one think that this season would be nothing more than a lengthy testimonial of sorts for the veteran coach. With just two upperclassmen, bouncing back…
Sep 29, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Criticize Rick Barnes all you want — believe me, the criticism is not unfounded — but the longtime Texas coach has built quite the resume for himself in his time with the Longhorns. He has been the head coach for 15 years, and in his first 14 years earned a trip to the NCAA Tournament…
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)