Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball
Feb 19, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
The Big Ten’s idea falls in line with what some other commissioners have discussed in recent weeks.
Oct 1, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Big Ten is the first of the five conferences granted autonomy to send recommendations to the NCAA.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Jim Delany would like to explore the possibility of new Midwestern cities if the Big Ten can’t get into Madison Square Garden.
Apr 26, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
When the 2017-18 academic year rolls around, the Big Ten is expecting a nice revenue boost.
Sep 26, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
In what has become a now-daily occurrence, a well-known member of the college athletics establishment said something for or against paying collegiate athletes, which subsequently turned into a war of words on my twitter feed between the folks that want to see the labor force get a bigger cut of the profits from college athletics…
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)