Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball
Feb 19, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
The Big Ten’s idea falls in line with what some other commissioners have discussed in recent weeks.
Oct 1, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Big Ten is the first of the five conferences granted autonomy to send recommendations to the NCAA.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Jim Delany would like to explore the possibility of new Midwestern cities if the Big Ten can’t get into Madison Square Garden.
Apr 26, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
When the 2017-18 academic year rolls around, the Big Ten is expecting a nice revenue boost.
Sep 26, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
In what has become a now-daily occurrence, a well-known member of the college athletics establishment said something for or against paying collegiate athletes, which subsequently turned into a war of words on my twitter feed between the folks that want to see the labor force get a bigger cut of the profits from college athletics…
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)