Jan 22, 2015, 11:58 PM EST
Miami officials apologized to NC State’s Mark Gottfried and Debbie Yow following Thursday’s game as a result of the fan’s actions.
Jan 13, 2015, 11:34 PM EST
The Hurricanes exposed Duke’s biggest weakness.
Jan 12, 2015, 9:15 AM EST
Miami (FL) will get a boost in practice with the addition of two scholarship football players to the basketball team.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The 6-foot-6 sophomore wing has been sidelined since early September.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
A week that began with a win at No. 7 Florida ended with a commanding victory over Charlotte at the Gildan Charleston Classic.
Sep 24, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
The newcomer will be out until mid-January.
Sep 5, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
Davon Reed suffered the injury during a workout last week.
Aug 17, 2014, 8:39 PM EST
Miami’s 6-foot-10 junior college transfer Ivan Cruz Uceda is averaging 15.0 rebounds per game through two games in Spain.
Jun 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Miami added a piece to its front court with the addition of Niagara graduate transfer Joe Thomas.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
Miami forward James Kelly is moving on.
Nov 9, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
It was known that Miami would struggle this season after their ACC championship and Sweet 16 run by losing their top six players. The Hurricane defense looked great in their opening game, but Miami’s offense struggled as they lost at home to St. Francis (NY) 66-62 in overtime. The Hurricanes were 0-for-15 from the three-point…
Sep 28, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Miami landed another post commitment this weekend as junior college big man Ivan Uceda pledged to the Hurricanes on Saturday according to a tweet from Adam Zagoria. Although the Hurricanes will be in rebuilding mode this season after last season’s surprising trip to the Sweet 16, they’re off to a solid start in the 2014…
Sep 20, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
After leading the Miami Hurricanes to their first-ever ACC title, head coach Jim Larrañaga has added another title to his resume: professor. On Friday the school announced that Larrañaga was named Adjunct Assistant Professor of Kinesiology and Sport Sciences, marking the second time in his coaching career that he’s been a faculty member while also serving as…
Sep 18, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
Any coach can put together the right game-plan, taking enough advantage of mismatches and getting his team to execute well enough that his group of guys can pull off an upset. Get that team’s confidence going, and that team can reel off a couple of upsets in a row. That’s how Cinderella runs in the…
Sep 5, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
We had all assumed as much, but Miami did their best to ensure that Jim Larrañaga will be ending his coaching career as a Hurricane on Thursday, as they locked the 63 year old head coach through the 2022 season. “Since Jim and Liz’s arrival at the University of Miami in 2011, they have had a…
Oct 22, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
Apparently, Miami’s big man has been getting up some shots in the offseason for Jim Larranaga’s Hurricane squad. The info comes from this story by The Sporting News’ Ryan Fagan who wrote about how Larranaga’s message of continuity has spread, and it may be one of the keys that determines where Miami finishes this season…
Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
The University of Miami landed Davon Reed (Princeton Day School/Princeton, N.J.) Friday night, according to multiple sources. Evan Daniels, of Scout.com tweeted that this information was confirmed by Reed’s AAU coach. Moment’s later Reed tweeted the decision via his personal Twitter account. “After a very long process, I have decided, to commit to the University…
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 5
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)