Dec 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Patrick Cole has been suspended indefinitely.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
With Lavon Long and Brett Bisping now sidelined, the Saints are without their two best rebounders.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Siena is losing a 6-foot-9 sophomore forward to transfer.
Dec 6, 2014, 4:56 PM EDT
Brett Bisping’s currently averaging 8.7 points and 4.7 rebounds per game for the 3-3 Saints.
Nov 11, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Siena will be down a big man, who started all but six games during the Saints’ 20-win season in 2013-14.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Patsos sparked a 12-win improvement and led Siena to the CBI crown in his first season at the MAAC school.
Mar 5, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Last season in the MAAC tournament championship game, Iona punched its ticket to its second straight NCAA tournament, knocking off in-state rival Manhattan. A week ago, the Gaels and Jaspers met in their final meeting of the regular season with Manhattan pulling out an 80-77 overtime win over the MAAC regular season champion. They will…
Nov 24, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Today against Purdue, Siena earned another moral victory — if there is such a thing. Purdue doesn’t figure to challenge in the Big Ten, but the Boilermakers are now off to a 5-0 start and looking like a potential NCAA Tournament team if they are able to earn some good victories in the Big Ten.…
Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week. The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill. If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three…
Aug 27, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
There aren’t many mid-major schools in the country that have such a rabid following like Siena. How many 8-24 mid-majors out there — actually, how many 8-24 teams, period — can say they averaged over 6,000 fans per home game last season? Siena outdrew Miami (FL) by more than 400 fans per home game, and…
Jun 8, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Taran Buie’s college career has been checkered, to say the least. As the half-brother of Talor Battle, he was welcomed into the Penn State family with open arms as a freshman. Following an off-campus fight and a suspension for violation of team rules, Buie was released from his PSU scholarship, leaving the Nittany Lions and…
Apr 28, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
In a way, Virginia Tech’s decision to fire head coach Seth Greenberg in April was a case of cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face. The Hokies declined to fire Greenberg for his win-loss record in March, then dumped him a month and a half later because all of his assistants quit on him.…
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)