Dec 17, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
With Lavon Long and Brett Bisping now sidelined, the Saints are without their two best rebounders.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Siena is losing a 6-foot-9 sophomore forward to transfer.
Dec 6, 2014, 4:56 PM EST
Brett Bisping’s currently averaging 8.7 points and 4.7 rebounds per game for the 3-3 Saints.
Nov 11, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Siena will be down a big man, who started all but six games during the Saints’ 20-win season in 2013-14.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Patsos sparked a 12-win improvement and led Siena to the CBI crown in his first season at the MAAC school.
Mar 5, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Last season in the MAAC tournament championship game, Iona punched its ticket to its second straight NCAA tournament, knocking off in-state rival Manhattan. A week ago, the Gaels and Jaspers met in their final meeting of the regular season with Manhattan pulling out an 80-77 overtime win over the MAAC regular season champion. They will…
Nov 24, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
Today against Purdue, Siena earned another moral victory — if there is such a thing. Purdue doesn’t figure to challenge in the Big Ten, but the Boilermakers are now off to a 5-0 start and looking like a potential NCAA Tournament team if they are able to earn some good victories in the Big Ten.…
Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week. The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill. If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three…
Aug 27, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
There aren’t many mid-major schools in the country that have such a rabid following like Siena. How many 8-24 mid-majors out there — actually, how many 8-24 teams, period — can say they averaged over 6,000 fans per home game last season? Siena outdrew Miami (FL) by more than 400 fans per home game, and…
Jun 8, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
Taran Buie’s college career has been checkered, to say the least. As the half-brother of Talor Battle, he was welcomed into the Penn State family with open arms as a freshman. Following an off-campus fight and a suspension for violation of team rules, Buie was released from his PSU scholarship, leaving the Nittany Lions and…
Apr 28, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
In a way, Virginia Tech’s decision to fire head coach Seth Greenberg in April was a case of cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face. The Hokies declined to fire Greenberg for his win-loss record in March, then dumped him a month and a half later because all of his assistants quit on him.…
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)