Jun 23, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Who will we look back on as the best players in this draft?
May 21, 2014, 10:42 PM EDT
Two Las Vegas sports books feel that Andrew Wiggins is the early favorite to be taken first overall in next month’s NBA Draft.
May 11, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Joel Embiid aren’t expected to be in Chicago for this week’s NBA Draft Combine according to multiple reports.
Mar 27, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Earlier Thursday Kansas head coach Bill Self refuted reports that center Joel Embiid has decided to enter the 2014 NBA Draft.
Mar 27, 2014, 8:34 AM EDT
He’s is projected as a consensus top three pick in the draft and could go as high as No. 1 overall.
Mar 23, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Joel Embiid’s back is the reason that Kansas lost to Stanford. And it cost the Jayhawks their shot at greatness.
Mar 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
As we anxiously await the return of Kansas’ Joel Embiid, it was noted Wednesday that this isn’t the first time the freshman big man has dealt with lower back trouble.
Mar 11, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
In light of the back injury that will keep Joel Embiid out for the Big 12 tournament and could foreseeably saddle him to the bench for the entirety of the NCAA tournament, we decided to take a look at season-ending injuries to key players on past National Title contenders: Kenyon Martin: Cincinnati was the No. 1…
Mar 10, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Joel Embiid will miss the Big 12 tournament and likely will be out for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. What does this mean for Kansas?
Mar 10, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Joel Embiid has missed the last two games, and Bill Self shines some light on when the center will next play.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:16 AM EDT
We know Joel Embiid’s back is bothering him, but should we be worried about whether or not he’ll be healthy for the NCAA tournament?
Mar 9, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The 7-foot center has missed the last two games for the Kansas. The Jayhawks have won the Big 12 title, but have dropped two of their last three games heading into the conference tournament
Mar 3, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Kansas star freshman Joel Embiid is done for the season!!! The regular season, that is. Kansas head coach Bill Self announced on Monday that one of his two star freshmen will miss the final two games of the regular season with a back injury that was aggravated in the second half of Saturday’s loss at…
Mar 2, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
On Saturday night, No. 5 Kansas went into Stillwater and lost to Oklahoma State 72-65, and while it saved the Cowboys’ season, it more or less meant nothing to Kansas. Nothing at all. The Jayhawks clinched the outright Big 12 title on Saturday evening with Kansas State knocked off No. 15 Iowa State. If they…
Feb 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
It has become vogue to criticize selections to both the Wooden and Cousy awards; the John R. specifically drew the ire nationally when its midseason list was unveiled and a few names, including Kansas’ Joel Embiid and Michigan’s Nik Stauskas, were omitted (though both can still be included amongst the finalists). One player, though, that…
Feb 16, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
After not practicing in the days following Kansas’ loss at Kansas State on Monday night, freshman center Joel Embiid did not play in the Jayhawks’ 95-65 win over TCU on Saturday afternoon. With Embiid being a key figure for Kansas, the time off could prove beneficial down the line as the Jayhawks need their big…
Feb 14, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
In the aftermath of No. 7 Kansas’ loss at Kansas State on Monday night, head coach Bill Self noted that freshman center Joel Embiid is a bit “beat up.” Dealing with nagging knee and back issues, Embiid didn’t play as well as the Jayhawks would have hoped against Kansas State. And with the freshman taking…
Feb 11, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
The final three shots and Andrew Wiggins took in regulation in Monday night’s loss to Kansas State are a pretty good representation of what this season has been like for him. In the final minute with a chance to tie the game, Wiggins airballed a three. A couple of possessions later, he beat his man…
Feb 4, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
There ought to be plenty of talent in the green room at this June’s NBA draft. Although a consensus top-3 pick, maybe the No. 1 overall pick, is exploring the idea of returning for his sophomore season. ESPN Basketball Insider Jeff Goodman spoke with Kansas freshman center Joel Embiid before and after No. 8 Kansas’ 69-52…
Feb 4, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Last week, I wrote that McDermott was the runaway favorite to for National Player of the Year. I think everyone pretty much agreed with me at the time. He’s played one game since then, against St. John’s, scoring 39 of Creighton’s 63 points and burying the game-winning three at the buzzer.…
Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The surprising season for No. 25 Texas continued on Saturday with an 81-69 statement win over No. 6 Kansas. In the opening minutes of the second half, sophomore center Cameron Ridley put his stamp on the game when he flushed a two-handed slam over heralded freshman and potential top pick Joel Embiid. That dunk put…
Feb 1, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
Even with their play through the first seven games of Big 12 play, it’s difficult to think that No. 6 Kansas was going to run through its 18-game conference slate without a blemish. So in that regard, their 81-69 loss at No. 25 Texas doesn’t mean that the sky’s falling or that the Jayhawks are…
Jan 29, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins’ performance on Saturday night against TCU was seen as a step forward and rightfully so, despite the fact that the Horned Frogs have yet to win a game in Big 12 play. In scoring his then-career high 27 points Wiggins played with the assertiveness that many have been clamoring for, refusing to simply…
Jan 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Since 1997-1998, no college basketball player has averaged 24.5 points, 7.2 boards and shot 43.0% from beyond the arc. In NBA history, no player that has shot more than 15 threes in a season has averaged 24.5 points, 7.0 boards and shot 43.0% from three. Right now, McDermott is averaging 24.3…
Jan 25, 2014, 11:46 PM EDT
Kansas freshman wing Andrew Wiggins has been under the proverbial microscope all season long, with every one of his performances arguably analyzed more than any other freshman in the current “one and done” era. One of the biggest complaints about Wiggins was a lack of assertiveness, with him at times giving the appearance of a…
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)