Jan 2, 2015, 5:07 PM EST
The 6-foot-3 shooting guard is rated as the 13th best senior by Rivals.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Jones became the second coach to lead LSU to postseason appearances in his first two years this past spring.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
LSU is on the board in the 2017 class.
Aug 13, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
After falling short of an NCAA tournament bid in 2013-14, LSU aims to take a step forward with a new point guard among the leaders.
Feb 6, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Just over a week ago Johnny Jones’ LSU Tigers put together an impressive performance against then-No. 11 Kentucky, with Johnny O’Bryant III scoring 29 points to lead LSU to a much-needed win for their resume. Avoid the losses that can weigh down their resume, and those games are plentiful in the SEC, and LSU would…
Oct 14, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
St. Mary’s is the most notable program to tap into what is becoming a more and more fertile Australian hoops pipeline, but they certainly won’t be the last school to head to Oceania to find themselves a basketball star. The Gaels brought in Patty Mills and Matthew Dellavedova. Pitt plucked Steven Adams out of New…
Oct 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Johnny Jones continued his strong work on the recruiting trail as the LSU head coach picked up a commitment from Texas native Elbert Robinson, the biggest player in the Class of 2014. Robinson, who is ranked 51st by Rivals, is listed at 7-foot-0 and 320 pounds and he knows how to use that size. He’s…
Sep 23, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
LSU has landed their first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Louisiana native Aaron Epps made a pledge to Johnny Jones and the Tigers on Monday, Epps, a three-star recruit according to Rivals, is a skinny, 6-foot-9 forward with the kind of athleticism that makes land-warriors like myself eternally envious. Not only did he…
Sep 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
Top-100 prospect Tim Quarterman has committed to the LSU Tigers, Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com is reporting. Quarterman becomes the second player to commit to LSU in the last week, following fellow Top-100 prospect Jordan Mickey, who committed Thursday. Quarterman is a native of Savannah, Ga., and now commits after visiting LSU in mid-September. He was…
Apr 13, 2012, 7:26 PM EST
According to Jeff Goodman at CBSSports.com, the LSU Tigers are all set to hire North Texas’ Johnny Jones — a relative unknown outside of Baton Rouge — as their next head coach. Jones will take over for Trent Johnson, who, somewhat amusingly, went the other direction across the state line to take over at TCU…
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)