Jan 2, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
The 6-foot-3 shooting guard is rated as the 13th best senior by Rivals.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Jones became the second coach to lead LSU to postseason appearances in his first two years this past spring.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
LSU is on the board in the 2017 class.
Aug 13, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
After falling short of an NCAA tournament bid in 2013-14, LSU aims to take a step forward with a new point guard among the leaders.
Feb 6, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Just over a week ago Johnny Jones’ LSU Tigers put together an impressive performance against then-No. 11 Kentucky, with Johnny O’Bryant III scoring 29 points to lead LSU to a much-needed win for their resume. Avoid the losses that can weigh down their resume, and those games are plentiful in the SEC, and LSU would…
Oct 14, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
St. Mary’s is the most notable program to tap into what is becoming a more and more fertile Australian hoops pipeline, but they certainly won’t be the last school to head to Oceania to find themselves a basketball star. The Gaels brought in Patty Mills and Matthew Dellavedova. Pitt plucked Steven Adams out of New…
Oct 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Johnny Jones continued his strong work on the recruiting trail as the LSU head coach picked up a commitment from Texas native Elbert Robinson, the biggest player in the Class of 2014. Robinson, who is ranked 51st by Rivals, is listed at 7-foot-0 and 320 pounds and he knows how to use that size. He’s…
Sep 23, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
LSU has landed their first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Louisiana native Aaron Epps made a pledge to Johnny Jones and the Tigers on Monday, Epps, a three-star recruit according to Rivals, is a skinny, 6-foot-9 forward with the kind of athleticism that makes land-warriors like myself eternally envious. Not only did he…
Sep 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
Top-100 prospect Tim Quarterman has committed to the LSU Tigers, Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com is reporting. Quarterman becomes the second player to commit to LSU in the last week, following fellow Top-100 prospect Jordan Mickey, who committed Thursday. Quarterman is a native of Savannah, Ga., and now commits after visiting LSU in mid-September. He was…
Apr 13, 2012, 7:26 PM EDT
According to Jeff Goodman at CBSSports.com, the LSU Tigers are all set to hire North Texas’ Johnny Jones — a relative unknown outside of Baton Rouge — as their next head coach. Jones will take over for Trent Johnson, who, somewhat amusingly, went the other direction across the state line to take over at TCU…
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)