Mar 23, 2015, 12:13 AM EDT
“Press Virginia” forced 23 Maryland turnovers, converting those mistakes into 26 points.
Mar 20, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Still no No. 12 over No. 5 upsets.
Feb 20, 2015, 10:32 AM EDT
Six seniors, including Arizona’s T.J. McConnell and Gonzaga’s Kevin Pangos are also on the list.
Feb 14, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
Unable to use turnovers to spark their offense, West Virginia struggled mightily in the second half of Saturday’s game in Ames.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM EDT
Iowa State now has two true road victories this season, and Abdel Nader’s scored 19 points in each of those games.
Jan 7, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
Juwan Staten played through the flu on Monday night, and it’s the perfect example of what makes this WVU team good.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Some new faces make their way into the Weekly Awards.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
West Virginia has better depth and toughness than they had a season ago, and those improvements paid off in Puerto Rico this weekend.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
The Mountaineers and Huskies will meet on Sunday.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
A sit-down with the longtime head coach helped turn Juwan Staten into an all-conference player. But can Staten, now a senior, turn West Virginia into an NCAA tournament team?
Nov 11, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Kansas is the favorite once again, but there are four other teams that are good enough to win the league.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Is this team better than Philly?
Oct 27, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
There are plenty of intriguing lead guards in college hoops this season.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Believe it or not, Staten led the Big 12 in scoring last season.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The return of Juwan Staten will help determine where the Mountaineers go in 2014-2015.
Mar 30, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The Mountaineers leading scorer will be back in Morgantown for the 2014-2015 season.
Feb 5, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Things didn’t go as planned for No. 21 Oklahoma as they made their way from Norman to Morgantown for their game at West Virginia on Wednesday night. With a winter storm forcing the travel party to re-route its flight to Newark, N.J. on Tuesday, Oklahoma didn’t arrive in Morgantown until just over two hours before…
Jan 28, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Baylor entered Tuesday night’s game at home, needing a win. The Bears had been dropped from the rankings, in the midst of a four-game conference losing streak. A matchup with West Virginia seemed like the opportune moment for the Bears to right the ship. Juwan Staten had different ideas, when his reverse layup put the…
Jan 11, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
It’s been 25 days since Markel Brown made a three-pointer. Seriously. The last time that he hit a jump shot from beyond the arc, you still had more than a week to buy your mom that last-minute Christmas present that you hadn’t thought of yet. It was five games ago when Brown hit that three…
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 3
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)