Nov 23, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
West Virginia has better depth and toughness than they had a season ago, and those improvements paid off in Puerto Rico this weekend.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:52 PM EST
The Mountaineers and Huskies will meet on Sunday.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A sit-down with the longtime head coach helped turn Juwan Staten into an all-conference player. But can Staten, now a senior, turn West Virginia into an NCAA tournament team?
Nov 11, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Kansas is the favorite once again, but there are four other teams that are good enough to win the league.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Is this team better than Philly?
Oct 27, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
There are plenty of intriguing lead guards in college hoops this season.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
Believe it or not, Staten led the Big 12 in scoring last season.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The return of Juwan Staten will help determine where the Mountaineers go in 2014-2015.
Mar 30, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
The Mountaineers leading scorer will be back in Morgantown for the 2014-2015 season.
Feb 5, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Things didn’t go as planned for No. 21 Oklahoma as they made their way from Norman to Morgantown for their game at West Virginia on Wednesday night. With a winter storm forcing the travel party to re-route its flight to Newark, N.J. on Tuesday, Oklahoma didn’t arrive in Morgantown until just over two hours before…
Jan 28, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Baylor entered Tuesday night’s game at home, needing a win. The Bears had been dropped from the rankings, in the midst of a four-game conference losing streak. A matchup with West Virginia seemed like the opportune moment for the Bears to right the ship. Juwan Staten had different ideas, when his reverse layup put the…
Jan 11, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
It’s been 25 days since Markel Brown made a three-pointer. Seriously. The last time that he hit a jump shot from beyond the arc, you still had more than a week to buy your mom that last-minute Christmas present that you hadn’t thought of yet. It was five games ago when Brown hit that three…
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)