Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV
Feb 26, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
The Vandy freshman taunted a Tennessee player as time expired in the Commodores’ win, and his head coach read him the riot act in the handshake line.
Feb 21, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Vanderbilt has some unfortunate luck lately when it comes to head injuries. Three players are currently missing time due to concussions.
Oct 8, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Stallings touched on the difference between his current crop of freshmen and the players who have either transferred or been dismissed from the program over the last two seasons.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
Kevin Stallings’ young team will play away from Nashville three times before the start of SEC play, with two of those games being played on a neutral court.
Aug 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Cool video of a Vanderbilt walk-on earning a scholarship.
Apr 14, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
Cornell transfer Nolan Cressler has committed to Vanderbilt.
Feb 28, 2014, 7:11 PM EST
Through two-plus seasons in Knoxville, Cuonzo Martin has compiled a 56-39 record with the Volunteers. Tennessee is 17-11 (8-7 SEC) this year, currently sitting sixth in the conference standings. Lately, some have speculated that Martin is on the hot seat. To make matters worse, former Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl, now an analyst with ESPN, is…
Jan 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
In his first season of eligibility after sitting out the entire 2012-13 campaign per NCAA transfer rules, Vanderbilt guard Eric McClellan was a pivotal figure in Kevin Stallings’ rotation. Through 12 games McClellan averaged a team-high 14.2 points per game to go along with 4.4 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game for the Commodores, but…
Oct 1, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
On Monday night, Brookfield Central High (Wisc.) Riley LaChance became the the third Vanderbilt commit in the last month. He announced his decision via Twitter: Just made the best decision of my life officially committed to Vanderbilt University!! So excited to be apart of the Commodore family!!! — Riley Lachance (@riley_lachance3) October 1, 2013 The…
Sep 29, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
At long last, Sheldon Jeter has transferred to Pittsburgh. Recall that the former Vanderbilt forward’s wish to transfer back closer to home and play for Jamie Dixon at Pittsburgh was blocked by Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings. Rumors circulated that Jeter didn’t inform Stallings of his intent to transfer from Vanderbilt and went public with…
Sep 1, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Kevin Stallings and Vanderbilt received the first commit in the Class of 2014. St. Joseph’s High (N.J.) senior shooting guard Wade Baldwin announced that he had verbally committed to the Commodores on Sunday morning. Baldwin had been on an official visit to the Nashville campus, and used his Twitter account to break the news. In early…
Jan 11, 2013, 7:32 PM EST
Thursday night saw another instance of what appears to be a blown call late in a close game. This happened with under 20 seconds in a one-possession game between Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Kentucky freshman, Nerlens Noel collected a loose ball and floated a shot in the middle of the lane. With Noel’s hand still on…
Apr 28, 2012, 12:04 AM EST
Vanderbilt’s Kevin Stallings didn’t exactly put all of his recruiting eggs in one basket this spring, but there’s no disguising the fact that he wanted local guy Alex Poythress pretty badly. Perhaps an order of magnitude more than he wanted anyone else on his list. When Poythress chose SEC rival Kentucky instead, Stallings found himself…
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)