Feb 8, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Two Naismith hall of famers, Larry Brown and Roy Williams, are among the many who have used the lessons learned from Smith to become successful head coaches.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
The SMU shooting guard was ruled ineligible earlier this month.
Jan 16, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
SMU was notified by the NCAA on Friday, according to a report.
Jan 12, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
SMU is losing a key assistant coach.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
Semi Ojeleye averaged 2.0 points and 1.3 rebounds per game during his time at Duke.
Dec 5, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The former five-star point guard has missed four consecutive games for the Guangdong Southern Tigers.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Markus Kennedy averaged 12.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per game in his first season at SMU.
Nov 6, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Nic Moore has high expectations on the season for SMU.
Nov 2, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
An old debate on player development rages on.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Roy Williams finally returned to Kansas and received a warm ovation on Monday night.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
The former Virginia Tech Hokie will be a big boost to SMU’s perimeter.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Given SMU’s depth on the perimeter, LaGerald Vick’s decision to move back in classes will help both parties in the future.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
SMU could be in trouble if a second-team all-league pick is ruled ineligible.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Mustangs will be good, but one question will always be hanging over their head.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Larry Brown’s added another perimeter piece, as Shake Milton picked the Mustangs over Indiana and Oklahoma.
Oct 8, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Larry Brown now has two players committed in the 2015 class.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
SMU is quickly building a big home-court advantage.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
Larry Brown also discussed the loss of Emmanuel Mudiay.
Jun 3, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Could Larry Brown be on the move, again?
May 12, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Michigan and SMU will play a home-and-home series beginning in 2014.
Apr 27, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Larry Brown turning around SMU basketball was result of the university committing to the program financially.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
McDonald’s All-American guard Emmanuel Mudiay is hoping to stay home in Dallas and take the SMU Mustangs to the next level.
Mar 20, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
The Atlanta Tipoff Club announced the five finalists for the Naismith Coach of the Year award Thursday, and four of the five remaining candidates have teams in the NCAA tournament.
Mar 5, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
No. 18 SMU entered Wednesday’s game against No. 11 Louisville with an outside shot of winning the American Athletic Conference regular season title, which would have been a monumental achievement for Larry Brown’s program. But the Mustangs dropped an 84-71 decision to the Cardinals, and while Russ Smith’s 26-point night will get most of the…
Mar 5, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Last week Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban voiced his opinions on college basketball and the D-League, stating that the best young prospects would be better-served to play in the D-League instead of going to college. Cuban opined that players would make greater strides in regards to skill development playing in the NBA’s developmental league instead…
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 0
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 1
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)