May 6, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Olsen didn’t play much last season, with a nagging hip issue being one of the reasons why.
Feb 19, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Three head coaches in Division I college basketball played at Montana, and all have experienced success. Their time in Missoula has certainly impacted all three.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
Thursday’s loss was a reminder of the fact that these current Utah players are still getting used to being the “hunted.”
Jan 20, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
Utah’s worst rebounding performance of the season cost them dearly in Tucson, but that wasn’t the first time the Utes have struggled on the glass in conference play this season.
Dec 11, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
After going 3-8 in games decided by six points or less last season, No. 13 Utah is 2-1 in such contest through eight games in 2014-15.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Utah freshman center Jakob Poeltl had an interesting journey to college basketball.
Nov 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Both teams shot 32 percent from the field in the early-season non-conference contest between Pac-12 and Mountain West programs.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The 6-foot-6 wing comes from the same two-year program as Delon Wright.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:54 PM EDT
Of Utah’s 12 losses last season eight were by four points or less, a big reason why they missed out on the NCAA tournament.
Aug 7, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Makol Mawien, a 6-foot-9 big who’s proven to be a good interior defender, joins Noah Togiai as players committed to join the Utah program next year.
Jun 24, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The balancing act between trying to win and developing players for the NBA is not easy.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
After their non-conference schedule did them no favors last season, Utah will play Wichita State and Kansas in 2014-15.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Utah added a late 2014 commitment on Friday with the signing of 7-foot Austrian cener Jakob Poeltl.
Apr 25, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Larry Krystkowiak’s done a good job of rebuilding the Utah program to this point, and he’s been rewarded with a new contract through 2018-19.
Feb 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
It has become vogue to criticize selections to both the Wooden and Cousy awards; the John R. specifically drew the ire nationally when its midseason list was unveiled and a few names, including Kansas’ Joel Embiid and Michigan’s Nik Stauskas, were omitted (though both can still be included amongst the finalists). One player, though, that…
Dec 15, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
Before Saturday night Utah had last beaten in-state rival BYU in 2009, losing 11 of the prior 12 meetings in the series. And with talk earlier this week that the rivalry could be coming to an end in the near future, there may have been a greater sense of urgency from the folks who support…
Oct 6, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
With the game of basketball not being one that relies on situational substitutions in a fashion similar to that of football, coaching staffs tend to focus on positions as opposed to ends of the floor. You’ll have assistants who work specifically with the guards, wings or big men, but rarely will an assistant be assigned…
Sep 30, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Larry Krystkowiak, Utah’s head coach, is an intimidating figure. Standing 6-foot-9, Krystkowiak spent a dozen years in the NBA, earning himself a reputation for being a hard-nosed effort guy rather than an uber-talented perennial all-star. He’s not the kind of guy to back down from a confrontation. Over the weekend, “Barney Fife” did just that,…
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 28
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)