Nov 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Both teams shot 32 percent from the field in the early-season non-conference contest between Pac-12 and Mountain West programs.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
The 6-foot-6 wing comes from the same two-year program as Delon Wright.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
Of Utah’s 12 losses last season eight were by four points or less, a big reason why they missed out on the NCAA tournament.
Aug 7, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Makol Mawien, a 6-foot-9 big who’s proven to be a good interior defender, joins Noah Togiai as players committed to join the Utah program next year.
Jun 24, 2014, 10:04 AM EST
The balancing act between trying to win and developing players for the NBA is not easy.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
After their non-conference schedule did them no favors last season, Utah will play Wichita State and Kansas in 2014-15.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Utah added a late 2014 commitment on Friday with the signing of 7-foot Austrian cener Jakob Poeltl.
Apr 25, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Larry Krystkowiak’s done a good job of rebuilding the Utah program to this point, and he’s been rewarded with a new contract through 2018-19.
Feb 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
It has become vogue to criticize selections to both the Wooden and Cousy awards; the John R. specifically drew the ire nationally when its midseason list was unveiled and a few names, including Kansas’ Joel Embiid and Michigan’s Nik Stauskas, were omitted (though both can still be included amongst the finalists). One player, though, that…
Dec 15, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
Before Saturday night Utah had last beaten in-state rival BYU in 2009, losing 11 of the prior 12 meetings in the series. And with talk earlier this week that the rivalry could be coming to an end in the near future, there may have been a greater sense of urgency from the folks who support…
Oct 6, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
With the game of basketball not being one that relies on situational substitutions in a fashion similar to that of football, coaching staffs tend to focus on positions as opposed to ends of the floor. You’ll have assistants who work specifically with the guards, wings or big men, but rarely will an assistant be assigned…
Sep 30, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Larry Krystkowiak, Utah’s head coach, is an intimidating figure. Standing 6-foot-9, Krystkowiak spent a dozen years in the NBA, earning himself a reputation for being a hard-nosed effort guy rather than an uber-talented perennial all-star. He’s not the kind of guy to back down from a confrontation. Over the weekend, “Barney Fife” did just that,…
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)