Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The 6-foot-6 wing comes from the same two-year program as Delon Wright.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:54 PM EDT
Of Utah’s 12 losses last season eight were by four points or less, a big reason why they missed out on the NCAA tournament.
Aug 7, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Makol Mawien, a 6-foot-9 big who’s proven to be a good interior defender, joins Noah Togiai as players committed to join the Utah program next year.
Jun 24, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The balancing act between trying to win and developing players for the NBA is not easy.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
After their non-conference schedule did them no favors last season, Utah will play Wichita State and Kansas in 2014-15.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Utah added a late 2014 commitment on Friday with the signing of 7-foot Austrian cener Jakob Poeltl.
Apr 25, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Larry Krystkowiak’s done a good job of rebuilding the Utah program to this point, and he’s been rewarded with a new contract through 2018-19.
Feb 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
It has become vogue to criticize selections to both the Wooden and Cousy awards; the John R. specifically drew the ire nationally when its midseason list was unveiled and a few names, including Kansas’ Joel Embiid and Michigan’s Nik Stauskas, were omitted (though both can still be included amongst the finalists). One player, though, that…
Dec 15, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
Before Saturday night Utah had last beaten in-state rival BYU in 2009, losing 11 of the prior 12 meetings in the series. And with talk earlier this week that the rivalry could be coming to an end in the near future, there may have been a greater sense of urgency from the folks who support…
Oct 6, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
With the game of basketball not being one that relies on situational substitutions in a fashion similar to that of football, coaching staffs tend to focus on positions as opposed to ends of the floor. You’ll have assistants who work specifically with the guards, wings or big men, but rarely will an assistant be assigned…
Sep 30, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Larry Krystkowiak, Utah’s head coach, is an intimidating figure. Standing 6-foot-9, Krystkowiak spent a dozen years in the NBA, earning himself a reputation for being a hard-nosed effort guy rather than an uber-talented perennial all-star. He’s not the kind of guy to back down from a confrontation. Over the weekend, “Barney Fife” did just that,…
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)