Aug 20, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
Earning playing time was expected to be tough for Dezmyn Trent, but this incident lead to his being dismissed from the program.
Aug 14, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
The incident in question occurred less than two weeks after Bryce McKey was hired at Maryland.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
The injunction would have allowed current and future players to be compensated for the uses of their names, images and likenesses.
Jun 17, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The MAAC All-Freshman Team selection’s had some issues off the court during his time at Niagara.
Apr 22, 2015, 5:50 PM EDT
Reed’s arrest ended his chances of joining the Maryland program last summer.
Dec 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Jamari Traylor’s averaging 3.3 points and 3.9 rebounds in 19.1 minutes per game.
Nov 8, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT
Roderick Taylor was charged with forcible rape on October 22.
Oct 9, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Walker was suspended indefinitely in mid-September following his arrest on a misdemeanor assault charge.
Sep 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Both sides would like a final verdict before August 1, 2015, the day in which the changes are due to be enacted.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
The NCAA is hoping to have two lawsuits dismissed, with the plaintiffs in those suits arguing otherwise. And three U.S. senators voiced their displeasure with the lack of progress being made by the NCAA.
Sep 12, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Martez Walker averaged 4.7 points and 2.3 rebounds as a freshman.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
The NCAA is arguing that the verdict in the O’Bannon suit they’re currently appealing should lead to the dismissal of two other suits involving scholarship benefits.
Aug 22, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Having stated their intention of appealing the ruling in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit, the NCAA filed a notice of appeal on Thursday.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
The Toronto Blue Jays aren’t thrilled with Creighton filing an application to trademark its logo, which was unveiled last September.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
There’s still a possibility of the former head coach filing a wrongful termination lawsuit.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
The 7-foot-1 center was arrested on charges including resisting arrest and second-degree assault.
Rhode Island grand jury won’t indict Brandon Austin, Rodney Bullock following sexual assault investigation
Jul 16, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Bullock will be eligible to play at Providence in 2014-15 after being suspended for the entire 2013-14 season.
Jul 9, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Sen. Claire McCaskill asked the president of the NCAA an attention-grabbing question during Wednesday’s hearing.
Jul 3, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
The hearing was originally scheduled to take place in May.
Jul 2, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
After redshirting last season to get healthy, Ferguson’s expected to be a key player for the Eagles in 2014-15.
Jun 22, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
With the option to sell beer and wine available, more schools are considering going that route.
Jun 21, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Another former college athlete sued the NCAA on Friday, alleging that the governing body hasn’t done enough to protect possibly concussed athletes.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the 1999 Final Four MOP would have returned to school for his senior season if athletes were paid by the NCAA at the time.
Jun 8, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
A fight led to the two starting guards being arrested early Sunday.
Jun 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The alleged victim criticized the athletic department’s prioritization of “winning over safety of our students.”
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)