Jan 16, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
SMU was notified by the NCAA on Friday, according to a report.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
The SMU forward missed the first 10 games.
Dec 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Only one of the ten are potential season-changers.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Markus Kennedy averaged 12.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per game in his first season at SMU.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
See the first 20 players in our Top 100 rankings.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
SMU could be in trouble if a second-team all-league pick is ruled ineligible.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Mustangs will be good, but one question will always be hanging over their head.
Feb 23, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs have been much-improved this season, entering Sunday’s game at No. 21 UConn with 21 wins and a 10-4 record in American Athletic Conference play. Among those results are home victories over the Huskies, No. 11 Cincinnati and No. 22 Memphis, but something was missing from their resume: a quality win away…
Feb 4, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
Saturday had already been a great day for Markus Kennedy. The 6-foot-9 center had scored 21 points and grabbed 15 boards, both career-highs, while hitting all 10 of his field goals in an 87-72 rout of then-No. 22 Memphis as the Mustangs notched another resume-building win, one that will help people forget about a loss…
Jan 26, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
In his first season at the helm at SMU, Larry Brown led the Mustangs to a 15-win season despite the fact that two talented transfers in point guard Nic Moore and power forward Markus Kennedy were unable to play in games. Now that those two are available SMU’s become a better basketball team, and on…
Nov 10, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Eyebrows were raised during and after SMU’s season-opening win against TCU on Friday evening when Jalen Jones, SMU’s leading scorer and top offensive player from a year ago, did not dress for the game. There were no reports of Jones being hurt or suspended, so questions were naturally raised. Jones’ announcement of his decision to…
Jul 19, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Former Villanova forward Markus Kennedy has transferred to play for head coach Larry Brown at SMU, Dave Telep of ESPN is reporting. Kennedy announced his intent to transfer from Villanova back in June after averaging 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds in 31 games last year for the Wildcats. “Markus has been a valued member of…
Jun 14, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Two weeks after announcing his intent to transfer from Villanova, it appears there is a possibility Markus Kennedy might not be going anywhere after all, Philly.com is reporting. According to the report, Kennedy has expressed an interest to stay and has contacted Villanova head coach Jay Wright about his intentions. Website sources indicate that Wright…
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)