Dec 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
Only one of the ten are potential season-changers.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Markus Kennedy averaged 12.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per game in his first season at SMU.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
See the first 20 players in our Top 100 rankings.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
SMU could be in trouble if a second-team all-league pick is ruled ineligible.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
The Mustangs will be good, but one question will always be hanging over their head.
Feb 23, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs have been much-improved this season, entering Sunday’s game at No. 21 UConn with 21 wins and a 10-4 record in American Athletic Conference play. Among those results are home victories over the Huskies, No. 11 Cincinnati and No. 22 Memphis, but something was missing from their resume: a quality win away…
Feb 4, 2014, 4:11 PM EST
Saturday had already been a great day for Markus Kennedy. The 6-foot-9 center had scored 21 points and grabbed 15 boards, both career-highs, while hitting all 10 of his field goals in an 87-72 rout of then-No. 22 Memphis as the Mustangs notched another resume-building win, one that will help people forget about a loss…
Jan 26, 2014, 5:58 PM EST
In his first season at the helm at SMU, Larry Brown led the Mustangs to a 15-win season despite the fact that two talented transfers in point guard Nic Moore and power forward Markus Kennedy were unable to play in games. Now that those two are available SMU’s become a better basketball team, and on…
Nov 10, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Eyebrows were raised during and after SMU’s season-opening win against TCU on Friday evening when Jalen Jones, SMU’s leading scorer and top offensive player from a year ago, did not dress for the game. There were no reports of Jones being hurt or suspended, so questions were naturally raised. Jones’ announcement of his decision to…
Jul 19, 2012, 4:02 PM EST
Former Villanova forward Markus Kennedy has transferred to play for head coach Larry Brown at SMU, Dave Telep of ESPN is reporting. Kennedy announced his intent to transfer from Villanova back in June after averaging 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds in 31 games last year for the Wildcats. “Markus has been a valued member of…
Jun 14, 2012, 9:28 AM EST
Two weeks after announcing his intent to transfer from Villanova, it appears there is a possibility Markus Kennedy might not be going anywhere after all, Philly.com is reporting. According to the report, Kennedy has expressed an interest to stay and has contacted Villanova head coach Jay Wright about his intentions. Website sources indicate that Wright…
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 1
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)