Jan 16, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
SMU was notified by the NCAA on Friday, according to a report.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
The SMU forward missed the first 10 games.
Dec 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Only one of the ten are potential season-changers.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Markus Kennedy averaged 12.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per game in his first season at SMU.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
See the first 20 players in our Top 100 rankings.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
SMU could be in trouble if a second-team all-league pick is ruled ineligible.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Mustangs will be good, but one question will always be hanging over their head.
Feb 23, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs have been much-improved this season, entering Sunday’s game at No. 21 UConn with 21 wins and a 10-4 record in American Athletic Conference play. Among those results are home victories over the Huskies, No. 11 Cincinnati and No. 22 Memphis, but something was missing from their resume: a quality win away…
Feb 4, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
Saturday had already been a great day for Markus Kennedy. The 6-foot-9 center had scored 21 points and grabbed 15 boards, both career-highs, while hitting all 10 of his field goals in an 87-72 rout of then-No. 22 Memphis as the Mustangs notched another resume-building win, one that will help people forget about a loss…
Jan 26, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
In his first season at the helm at SMU, Larry Brown led the Mustangs to a 15-win season despite the fact that two talented transfers in point guard Nic Moore and power forward Markus Kennedy were unable to play in games. Now that those two are available SMU’s become a better basketball team, and on…
Nov 10, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Eyebrows were raised during and after SMU’s season-opening win against TCU on Friday evening when Jalen Jones, SMU’s leading scorer and top offensive player from a year ago, did not dress for the game. There were no reports of Jones being hurt or suspended, so questions were naturally raised. Jones’ announcement of his decision to…
Jul 19, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Former Villanova forward Markus Kennedy has transferred to play for head coach Larry Brown at SMU, Dave Telep of ESPN is reporting. Kennedy announced his intent to transfer from Villanova back in June after averaging 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds in 31 games last year for the Wildcats. “Markus has been a valued member of…
Jun 14, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Two weeks after announcing his intent to transfer from Villanova, it appears there is a possibility Markus Kennedy might not be going anywhere after all, Philly.com is reporting. According to the report, Kennedy has expressed an interest to stay and has contacted Villanova head coach Jay Wright about his intentions. Website sources indicate that Wright…
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)