Marshall Thundering Herd
Jul 5, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
The latest viral video craze — with a charitable twist — the Cold Water Challenge, has reached men’s college basketball.
Jun 10, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
By my count, he’s been associated with four high schools and four colleges in the last three years.
Jun 3, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl continues to lure recruits to Auburn.
May 11, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
The Bulls won out over Auburn and Penn State.
Apr 11, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Kareem Canty is now free to transfer from Marshall.
Apr 8, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reports the uber-talented freshman guard has been denied numerous transfer attempts, but the word out of Huntington clouds the situation.
Mar 28, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
Marshall Thundering Herd reach out to former Herd member, Mike D’Antoni, about head coaching vacancy.
Mar 27, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Looking to fill its head coaching vacancy, Marshall has reportedly reached out to Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni to gauge his interest in the position.
Mar 14, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Tom Herrion’s scorching success could not mask Marshall’s recent downturn.
Jan 31, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Saturday represents an important day in college basketball, and not solely because of some of the big games on the schedule. February 1 is also Autism Awareness Day in college basketball, with many coaches across the country donning lapel pins in support of the cause. The pins are in the shape of a puzzle piece,…
Sep 29, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Donnie Jones is at it again. Less than two weeks after earning a commitment from Alex Owens, a top player in the class of 2015 from from Orlando, FL, Jones received good news on Sunday morning when Adonys Henriquez verbally committed to play at Central Florida. Henriquez, like Jones, is from Orlando and is ranked…
Aug 3, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
We’ve seen a lot of new basketball floors go in this past offseason, and most of them have been colorful and inventive, to say the least. The latest school to announce that a new court will go in is Marshall, though we don’t know yet what the design will be. Given the school’s unique nickname,…
Jul 20, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
It is a day that will live in infamy. Not because of a basketball game, but still. Marshall University has announced that they’ll traverse roughly 400 miles of prime coal-mining country that lies between Huntington and Happy Valley on December 7 of this year, so they can renew their basketball series with Penn State. Tom…
Jul 6, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Realignment has broken up so many successful rivalries over the past several years, as big-time programs choose money over tradition. In the region where West Virginia meets Ohio, however, a long-running non-conference rivalry is also coming to a halt. Definitely temporarily, and possibly forever. Marshall and Ohio University have been playing each other in football…
Jan 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Just when Tom Herrion thinks this season can’t get any worse. Well, it does.Guard Kelvin Amayo tweeted that he is leaving the team after just three official games. Adam Zagoria is reporting Amayo is leaving Marshall apparently over a tiff involving a scholarship. Amayo enrolled at Marshall last January, but didn’t play in a game…
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)