Marshall Thundering Herd
Oct 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Despite 29 wins (13 in conference play) Louisiana Tech missed out on the NCAA tournament. Michael White looks to change that this season, although, his team will have to go through the likes of UTEP and newcomer Western Kentucky, first.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
The latest viral video craze — with a charitable twist — the Cold Water Challenge, has reached men’s college basketball.
Jun 10, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
By my count, he’s been associated with four high schools and four colleges in the last three years.
Jun 3, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
Bruce Pearl continues to lure recruits to Auburn.
May 11, 2014, 1:48 PM EST
The Bulls won out over Auburn and Penn State.
Apr 11, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Kareem Canty is now free to transfer from Marshall.
Apr 8, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reports the uber-talented freshman guard has been denied numerous transfer attempts, but the word out of Huntington clouds the situation.
Mar 28, 2014, 2:37 PM EST
Marshall Thundering Herd reach out to former Herd member, Mike D’Antoni, about head coaching vacancy.
Mar 27, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Looking to fill its head coaching vacancy, Marshall has reportedly reached out to Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni to gauge his interest in the position.
Mar 14, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Tom Herrion’s scorching success could not mask Marshall’s recent downturn.
Jan 31, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
Saturday represents an important day in college basketball, and not solely because of some of the big games on the schedule. February 1 is also Autism Awareness Day in college basketball, with many coaches across the country donning lapel pins in support of the cause. The pins are in the shape of a puzzle piece,…
Sep 29, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Donnie Jones is at it again. Less than two weeks after earning a commitment from Alex Owens, a top player in the class of 2015 from from Orlando, FL, Jones received good news on Sunday morning when Adonys Henriquez verbally committed to play at Central Florida. Henriquez, like Jones, is from Orlando and is ranked…
Aug 3, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
We’ve seen a lot of new basketball floors go in this past offseason, and most of them have been colorful and inventive, to say the least. The latest school to announce that a new court will go in is Marshall, though we don’t know yet what the design will be. Given the school’s unique nickname,…
Jul 20, 2013, 9:38 PM EST
It is a day that will live in infamy. Not because of a basketball game, but still. Marshall University has announced that they’ll traverse roughly 400 miles of prime coal-mining country that lies between Huntington and Happy Valley on December 7 of this year, so they can renew their basketball series with Penn State. Tom…
Jul 6, 2013, 7:09 PM EST
Realignment has broken up so many successful rivalries over the past several years, as big-time programs choose money over tradition. In the region where West Virginia meets Ohio, however, a long-running non-conference rivalry is also coming to a halt. Definitely temporarily, and possibly forever. Marshall and Ohio University have been playing each other in football…
Jan 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Just when Tom Herrion thinks this season can’t get any worse. Well, it does. Guard Kelvin Amayo tweeted that he is leaving the team after just three official games. Adam Zagoria is reporting Amayo is leaving Marshall apparently over a tiff involving a scholarship. Amayo enrolled at Marshall last January, but didn’t play in a…
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)