Nov 8, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
With center A.J. Hammons needing room to operate in the post, the shooting ability of Dakota Mathias and P.J. Thompson will come in handy for the Boilers.
Oct 26, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Kendall Stephens led the way with 32 points, and he’ll be a key figure for a team looking to bounce back from a rough 2013-14 campaign.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
Purdue is in the unique position of having two talented centers on the roster.
Oct 9, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
Octeus was originally headed to UCLA, but he was not admitted to their graduate school.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Purdue is offering to sell old game films using a company that hopes to do the same with over 600 colleges.
Aug 23, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Neal Beshears and Stephen Torya were rewarded with scholarships, due in part to their willingness to step forward as leaders.
Aug 10, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
After having his career come to an end in late February, former Purdue center Jay Simpson is working hard to move forward without the game he loves.
Jul 7, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Purdue head coach Matt Painter is exploring the use of zone defenses next season to match his personnel.
Jul 5, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Purdue needs shooting and leadership and freshman guard Dakota Mathias is apart of an incoming group that can help with both.
Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Purdue has a challenging non-conference slate.
Jun 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Purdue landed a shooter on Monday as in-state shooting guard Ryan Cline committed.
Mar 4, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Purdue head coach Matt Painter announced on Monday that redshirt freshman forward Jay Simpson’s basketball career has ended following the discovery of the heart condition hypertrophic cardiomyotrophy (HCM). HCM is the heart condition that claimed the lives of other basketball players including Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis, Kevin Duckworth and Jason Collier. “Obviously, this is very tough…
Feb 24, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Purdue had some tough news come its way on Monday as the school and head coach Matt Painter announced that senior guard Sterling Carter is out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL. Carter, a transfer from Seattle, suffered the knee injury in Purdue’s game against Nebraska on Saturday. The senior had…
Sep 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Matt Painter had been recruiting Vince Edwards, a 6-foot-6 forward from Franklin, OH, dating back to the fall of 2011. Finally, on Edwards’ official visit to Purdue over the weekend, he pledged a commitment to play for Painter at Purdue. Painter’s persistence paid off, especially considering that Big Ten rival Michigan recently came into the…
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)