Nov 8, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
With center A.J. Hammons needing room to operate in the post, the shooting ability of Dakota Mathias and P.J. Thompson will come in handy for the Boilers.
Oct 26, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Kendall Stephens led the way with 32 points, and he’ll be a key figure for a team looking to bounce back from a rough 2013-14 campaign.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
Purdue is in the unique position of having two talented centers on the roster.
Oct 9, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
Octeus was originally headed to UCLA, but he was not admitted to their graduate school.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Purdue is offering to sell old game films using a company that hopes to do the same with over 600 colleges.
Aug 23, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Neal Beshears and Stephen Torya were rewarded with scholarships, due in part to their willingness to step forward as leaders.
Aug 10, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
After having his career come to an end in late February, former Purdue center Jay Simpson is working hard to move forward without the game he loves.
Jul 7, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Purdue head coach Matt Painter is exploring the use of zone defenses next season to match his personnel.
Jul 5, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Purdue needs shooting and leadership and freshman guard Dakota Mathias is apart of an incoming group that can help with both.
Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Purdue has a challenging non-conference slate.
Jun 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Purdue landed a shooter on Monday as in-state shooting guard Ryan Cline committed.
Mar 4, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Purdue head coach Matt Painter announced on Monday that redshirt freshman forward Jay Simpson’s basketball career has ended following the discovery of the heart condition hypertrophic cardiomyotrophy (HCM). HCM is the heart condition that claimed the lives of other basketball players including Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis, Kevin Duckworth and Jason Collier. “Obviously, this is very tough…
Feb 24, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Purdue had some tough news come its way on Monday as the school and head coach Matt Painter announced that senior guard Sterling Carter is out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL. Carter, a transfer from Seattle, suffered the knee injury in Purdue’s game against Nebraska on Saturday. The senior had…
Sep 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Matt Painter had been recruiting Vince Edwards, a 6-foot-6 forward from Franklin, OH, dating back to the fall of 2011. Finally, on Edwards’ official visit to Purdue over the weekend, he pledged a commitment to play for Painter at Purdue. Painter’s persistence paid off, especially considering that Big Ten rival Michigan recently came into the…
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)