Jan 2, 2015, 11:31 AM EST
An arterial dissection, found in mid-December, has kept Cronin off the sidelines as he continues to undergo treatment.
Dec 22, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Cincinnati head coach Mick Cronin will miss another game as he continues to undergo testing for a brain aneurysm.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:25 AM EST
He won’t coach against VCU.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
The Bearcats added a 2015 recruit on Monday night.
Aug 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Cincinnati has some tough opponents in the non-conference portion of the 2014-15 schedule.
Aug 16, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
This was the only game for the Bearcats this week.
Jun 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Cincinnati announced that its taking a trip to the Bahamas this summer for some exhibition games.
Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
Cincinnati landed a 2015 commitment from point guard Justin Jenifer.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
That regular-season title in the AAC is within the Bearcats’ claws.
Mar 1, 2014, 2:53 PM EST
The No. 11 Cincinnati Bearcats are one of the toughest teams in the country. Nobody will dispute that Mick Cronin’s team can rebound and defend with the best of them. But does Cincinnati have enough scoring and variety on offense to be a major factor in March? After Saturday’s 51-45 road loss to UConn, Cincinnati…
Feb 22, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
Louisville and Cincinnati have been together playing basketball in other leagues before. In its second matchup in the American Athletic Conference, the top two teams in the league grinded-out an ugly, low-scoring contest as No. 11 Louisville knocked off No. 7 Cincinnati for a huge 58-57 road win. Russ Smith (10 points, five assists, three steals) came…
Jan 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
After Jermaine Sanders hit a jumper with 16:12 remaining to give No. 13 Cincinnati a 44-27 lead at No. 12 Louisville, Mick Cronin’s Bearcats looked poised to grab a two-game lead in American Athletic Conference play and do so in emphatic fashion. While the Bearcats are safely within both major national polls, there doesn’t seem…
Sep 18, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
Cincinnati has shored up the future of their front line in the last two days. After earning a commitment from Quadri Moore on Tuesday, Mick Cronin was able to sit back and listen to Gary Clark pledge to the Bearcats on Wednesday morning. Clark is a supremely athletic 6-foot-7 forward from North Carolina that’s currently…
Sep 17, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
On Tuesday, Linden High (N.J.) big man Quadri Moore became Cincinnati’s second commit for its Class of 2014. Earlier in the day, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Moore had given his commitment to the Bearcats, though at that point the Cincy coaching staff had yet to hear from Moore. Just before 5 p.m., Jon…
Jun 9, 2013, 7:07 PM EST
Cincinnati and Nebraska have agreed in principle to play a home-and-home series beginning in Cincinnati for the 2013-14 season. Officials at Cincinnati have said that a contract has not been signed, but the schools have a verbal agreement. The schools have only met on the hardwood three times–Cincinnati has won all three–with the most recent…
Jan 7, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
I know. I couldn’t resist. In the only match-up between Top 25 teams on the night, the no.17 Fighting Irish got the good vibes started for their football counterparts in Miami with a 66-60 victory over the no.21 Bearcats. Notre Dame took the lead at the 2:50 mark of the first half and never gave…
Jan 5, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
It has to be a bittersweet season for Mick Cronin and his Cincinnati Bearcats. Cincinnati started off the season with 12 straight wins, before a tough home loss to New Mexico. The Bearcats bounced back to beat No. 24 Pitt on the road to open Big East conference play. Along with Louisville, Syracuse, and Georgetown,…
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 0
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 1
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)