Mississippi State Bulldogs
Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
Mississippi State’s taken steps forward when it comes to improving the depth and talent in their program.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Both Miami (2007) and Minnesota (2010) have won the event in the past.
Nov 14, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Outside of the big two, the SEC seems like a roller coaster this season.
Oct 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
One of two double-digits scorers last season is sidelined at least a month as he recovers from back surgery.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
The Bulldogs succeeded in keeping a talented in-state product home.
May 17, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Mississippi State redshirt freshman guard Jacoby Davis will transfer to a program closer to home after his mother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
Feb 21, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Middle Tennessee has been one of the best teams in Conference USA this season, with Kermit Davis’ program once again winning 20 games and currently holding a share of first place in the league standings. Four seniors have led the way for the Blue Raiders, with forwards Shawn Jones and Neiko Hunter and guard Kerry…
Jan 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray will not be punished by the SEC for his role in a verbal altercation with Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson during the game between the two teams on Saturday, the Clarion-Ledger reported on Monday. Ray shouted a profanity towards Henderson with 6.2 seconds left in Ole Miss’ 82-63 win over Mississippi…
Jan 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
With 6.3 seconds remaining, Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson exited the floor with the Rebels holding a sizable lead over in-state rival Mississippi State. Henderson headed to the bench jawing it up, whether it was to his teammates or two his opponents I’m not sure. Either way Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray wasn’t pleased…
Dec 27, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
College basketball is now almost two months old. League play will be kicking off in the next week. Let’s get you caught up on all you need to know with some of the country’s best conferences. To read through the rest of our Conference Catchups, click here. Midseason Player of the Year: Jordan Clarkson, Missouri Much…
Nov 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of our previews…
Sep 18, 2013, 8:36 AM EST
On Tuesday evening, Mississippi State announced that oft-injured senior Jalen Steele’s career as a Bulldog was over. Steele had battled through a pair of torn ACLs and a broken wrist in his three seasons in Starkville. That would be enough to convince a lot of people that basketball just wasn’t worth it, so it wasn’t…
Sep 17, 2013, 8:05 PM EST
After three seasons that included multiple injuries Jalen Steele decided his playing career at Mississippi State is over, the school announced on Tuesday. The 6-foot-3 guard from Knoxville, Tenn., entered Starkville as a three-start commit. However, during his stint in a Bulldogs uniform he has suffered a broken wrist and most recently a torn ACL…
Nov 19, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
It’s not like no one could see it coming. Mississippi State’s roster was blatantly lacking talent. If you had North Carolina minus-45 tonight, please collect your winnings, the Tar Heels demolished the Bulldogs 95-49. And frankly, it wasn’t even that close. It’s going to be a long season for first year head coach Rick Ray.…
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent (3)