Nov 13, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
Monmouth is expected to be an improved team in 2014-15, with four starters back from last season’s team and a solid group of newcomers joining them.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Micah Seaborn won’t be allowed to practice or play with Monmouth this season, but he will be allowed to keep his scholarship. The school is planning an appeal.
Aug 3, 2014, 6:58 PM EST
Woodward played his college basketball at Boston College.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Despite the fact that Vujovic made it through the NCAA Eligibility Center, Monmouth has decided to not admit him.
Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
Monmouth added a significant transfer on Friday with the addition of Providence transfer Brice Kofane.
Apr 2, 2014, 12:22 PM EST
Four Monmouth players are intending to transfer, per a Wednesday report.
Jan 31, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Last night, Chavaughn Lewis — one of the top players in the MAAC — went baseline off of an out-of-bounds play last night against Monmouth, and threw down this thunderous one-handed dunk over Collin Stewart. What makes the already impressive dunk more entertaining is how the ball popped right up into Lewis’ arm afterwards, and…
Jan 20, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
GAME OF THE DAY: Monmouth 83, Canisius 82 With Manhattan losing at Fairfield on Saturday the Golden Griffins could have grabbed sole possession of first place in the MAAC with a win at Monmouth. But two three-pointers in the final 14 seconds from Monmouth’s Andrew Nicholas gave the Hawks the upset victory. Nicholas scored a…
Jan 19, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Entering this weekend it seemed as if the contenders for the MAAC regular season title were known, with preseason favorite Manhattan being joined by Canisius, Iona, league newcomer Quinnipiac and Rider. However following Canisius’ 85-83 win at Iona on Friday night the unexpected happened in two games. On Saturday Manhattan lost 71-67 at previously winless…
Nov 24, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
Today against Purdue, Siena earned another moral victory — if there is such a thing. Purdue doesn’t figure to challenge in the Big Ten, but the Boilermakers are now off to a 5-0 start and looking like a potential NCAA Tournament team if they are able to earn some good victories in the Big Ten.…
Oct 7, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of our previews for…
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)