murray state racers
Nov 6, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Every year features teams that step forward into the national limelight. Here are ten to keep in mind in advance of the 2014-15 season.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
The OVC looks like a three-team race this season.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
JayQuan McCloud cited homesickness as the reason for his decision to leave the OVC program.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
The top 15 teams from outside the power conferences. What did we get wrong?
Jun 12, 2014, 8:51 PM EST
The assistant’s 75-foot shot made Murray State basketball campers very happy on Thursday.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Murray State extended the contract of head coach of Steve Prohm.
May 22, 2014, 7:33 PM EST
Who will be the best mid-major teams next season?
Mar 8, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
A recap of Friday night’s action, including Harvard wrapping up the Ivy League crown
Mar 4, 2014, 5:57 PM EST
Last season, Kerron Johnson propelled Belmont, in its first season as a conference member, to the Ohio Valley tournament title with a last-second bucket over Murray State. If all goes according to plan, the Bruins and the Racers will meet up again in the OVC championship game as they head into the field this season…
Mar 2, 2014, 2:07 AM EST
GAME OF THE DAY: Southeast Missouri 118, Murray State 115 (2OT) This OVC contest was wild, with the Redhawks holding on for the three-point win despite giving Murray State one last shot at the tie with less than a second remaining in the second extra session. How’d it happen? SEMO’s Nino Johnson was hit with…
Feb 7, 2014, 1:54 AM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Belmont 99, Murray State 96 Belmont hasn’t been in the OVC very long, but their three games against Murray State have all been good. Thursday’s meeting was the latest chapter in this series, with the Bruins hanging on to beat the Racers with Blake Jenkins and J.J. Mann scoring 25 points…
Jan 31, 2014, 11:08 PM EST
Murray State beat Austin Peay in a wild game, 96-88, to improve to 8-1 in the Ohio Valley Conference. What most people will remember from the game, however, is Austin Peay’s Demarius Smith taking off in flight going down the lane. With Austin Peay trailing 76-74 late in the second half, Smith threw down this…
Nov 1, 2013, 10:08 AM EST
Guard Zay Jackson was a player many expected to eventually help the Murray State basketball program account for the graduation of prolific point guard Isaiah Canaan. After playing 18.4 minutes per game as a freshman, the 2012-13 season was supposed to represent one more season of playing alongside Canaan while having a larger role in…
2013-2014 Ohio Valley Season Preview: Is this the year for Eastern Kentucky or Southeast Missouri State?
Oct 17, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of our preview lists, click here. For a schedule of our previews for the…
Oct 8, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
Zay Jackson’s return to the court this season lasted all of four days. The sophomore guard tore the ACL and the LCL in his right knee in practice on Saturday after coming down awkwardly following a dunk. He is scheduled to have surgery in a couple of weeks, once the swelling in his knee goes…
Nov 26, 2012, 9:46 PM EST
Ed Daniel could be turning into this season’s Kenneth Faried in the Ohio Valley Conference. Daniel went full-on Faried for Murray State, scoring 20 points, pulling down 18 rebounds and swatting five shots in helping the Racers get past Lipscomb on the road, 88-79. The 18 rebounds were a season-high for Daniel, a 6-7 senior…
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)